Bummed out!

Lindsey72386
on 12/26/12 8:48 am - IN

I got a letter from my insurance stating they rec'd my request for approval but at this time they do not have enough clinical information regarding my health status to determine whether the services are covered by my plan. It says in order to process my request the following documentation is requested....MD office notes and exam findings, diagnostic testing results, previously tried treatments and meds, and/or any other info I'd feel would support the request!!!

Umm I'm pretty sure that is all I have been doing the past 3 months! Has anyone rec'd a letter like this? If so, what was your outcome!? I'm hoping that this was a mistake letter and maybe they didn't rec'd all my paperwork from my doctors office!!! I'm trying to stay positive but I've had. Few breakdowns since reading the letter!!!

Bella_Fein
on 12/26/12 8:51 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

Just means the doctor needs to send more info. Just because you did all of it does not mean the insurance person at your doctors office sent all of it. Could be human error. They will need to submit more documentation. If you did everything the insurance requires then don't worry just make sure your doctors office gets ALL of the paperwork your insurance needs to them.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

lucy2e
on 12/26/12 8:55 am - Laurel, MD

They probably missed including something in the package or the insurance missed seeing the item.  Don't worry, very common.

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

b1751
on 12/26/12 9:03 am

I'm a DSer, but I thought I'd chime in here because I got a letter almost exactly like this.  I called my surgeon's insurance coordinator and she called my insurance company to find out exactly what they wanted.  They were apparently pretty vague with her, so what we did was just call my family doctor and have them send over EVERYTHING.  I mean like every last record during my pre-op diet, previous prescriptions, etc.

I had to do it on an appeal basis since technically I was denied.  But after sending in all that stuff, I was approved.  So I wouldn't be too worried :)

Lindsey72386
on 12/26/12 9:17 am - IN

The good thing is that the paper didn't say I was denied and that's like the one thing I'm trying to stay positive about! I talked to my doctors nurse today who submitted the paperwork and she hadn't heard anything at all then of course I get home from work and see the letter! I'll definitely be contacting her tomorrow morning first thing bc we had a whole book worth of notes of everything I did the past 3 months!

Most Active