Alittle bummed out!!

jakebsmommy
on 12/29/12 12:43 pm - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13

In a nut shell I moved from Texas back to Maryland and sought a Dr. here.  I am seeing Dr. Timothy Shope.  He stated after looking at my medical records and doing an xray that my sleeve is bigger than he make his so he is going to do a revision next month.  I am so upset because here I'm thinking my sleeve was great but in reality its not.  Any encouragement from my fellow OH or has any one had this happen

Cheri  
Keith L.
on 12/29/12 12:46 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
Do you NEED a revision? Looks like you've lost a lot of weight. Is this really necessary?

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

pineview01
on 12/29/12 12:49 pm, edited 12/29/12 12:58 pm - Davison, MI

Is he basing it on his when first done or over a year out.  Yours is a mature sleeve which would be larger than the ones he looks at right after he does it.  Can you get a second opinion before going thru a second surgery?  If you think it is great is probably is.  Why did they xray it?  Were you having problems?

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Bella_Fein
on 12/29/12 12:57 pm, edited 12/29/12 12:59 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

My 1st thought was he may be jumping the gun, but then I looked at your surgery date. That was almost 2 years ago and it appears you have lost 50%. Are you struggling? You said you thought you had a good sleeve; What makes you think that or not?. Are you happy at your current weight? Are you maybe just a slow loser? Is it really necessary?

So many question!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

LNC62
on 12/29/12 1:03 pm, edited 12/29/12 1:04 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Were you looking for a revision or just seeking a surgeon for continued follow up care.  There's no standard yet of how small a sleeve should be.  It seems really strange that he would recommend surgery off the bat just because your sleeve is a little bigger than he likes.  How much bigger is it?  I would check his experience level.  How many sleeves has he done, etc.  It just seems so drastic.  Have you thought of getting a second opinion?

frisco
on 12/29/12 1:10 pm

On the bright side......you found out and your doing something about it.....

This is actually more common than you think..... and most never get checked out.....

People have to understand that the VSG is not a standardized procedure and the variance is much larger than the pen/bougie photos that shows up around on these boards....

Great your moving forward....!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

jarabacoagirl
on 12/29/12 2:21 pm
VSG on 12/17/12

You can still work a larger sleeve.  Remember a smaller one can have more risks.  I wouldn't jump the gun if I were you.  Get a second opinion. 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

jakebsmommy
on 12/29/12 2:49 pm - Waldorf, MD
VSG on 04/29/13

he is the second dr i have seen and he is saying the same thing the other one said.  I have lost 120 all together but i do want to lose more and i'm stuck!

Cheri  
ruggie
on 12/30/12 5:12 am - Sacramento, CA

Yeah, there's a lot to think about here.

• What are you eating these days, typically?  
  • How much protein a day?
  • How many carbs a day?
  • Are you eating until you're full, or are you weighing out portions?

I ask those questions, because depending on what you're doing, you could fail to attain your goal with a second surgery - which would be beyond a bummer.

Resleeving can be a trickier surgery.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/29/12 4:34 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
A revision to what? A resleeve? Honestly...I would think about that twice or thrice...its not as simple as it sounds and your risks are higher for complications. How much more do you need to lose?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 53 views