Checking in

Kevin H.
on 12/29/12 11:08 pm - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12

Hello folks,

It's been a while since I've checked in here but wanted to say hello to my OH buddies that I've made!

Surgery was 2/6/12 so I'm coming up on 11 months post op.  So far I've lost close to 150 lbs but I have hit my plateau and not really loosing much at all these days like I was.   Still doing well with my eating.  I have found a new love in coffee.  Took me 44 years to learn to like it.  I haven't had a Coke in about 1 year so its nice to find something else to drink now hehe. 

I wish I could have met my goal before the plateau hit.  I lost just about exactly what they said I would loose.  The percentage of expected loss was about 60% - 80% of your excess weight.  I feel so much better then I used to.  Best thing I've ever done.  I am just disappointed that I may not hit my goal but I think only a small percentage of us ever do hit 100% .. those that like to run marathons and such.

I hope this finds everyone doing well!

judyk62
on 12/29/12 11:32 pm - Santa Rosa, CA
Hi Kevin!

It is good to see you back! For some reason I have thought often of Kevin, the paramedic in Baltimore and hoped you were doing okay. Sounds like you are doing really well. The only advice I can give (not that you asked) is that if you return to your basic eating plan, you will likely lose more. I am 13 months out and while my loss has slowed, I am still losing, and I am finally 3+ pounds from being a normal BMI. I am so pleased to hear that you are happy and much healthier. I hope you stay in touch from time to time.

Judy

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Kevin H.
on 12/30/12 2:05 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12

Aww thanks Judy :)  It's nice to know people care .. you guys are great!  I'm glad your still loosing.  I guess I am too but its really slow.  I think I lost 3 lbs last month.

fran67
on 12/30/12 12:09 am - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
Kevin,

I'm so glad you checked in. I, too was wondering how you are doing and I'm so happy to hear that you are well. Last time you posted (at least the last one I saw) you were kind of down and disappointed. You sound much better now!

I was a Diet Coke addict and never liked coffee. I was hoping that since my taste buds changed and I eat so many things I never liked before, that I would develop a taste for coffee. No such luck for me but maybe I'll try again in a few months.

Happy New Year and keep in touch with us!!

Fran

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Kevin H.
on 12/30/12 2:08 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12

Thanks Fran!  Yeah i would drink a 2 liter of coke a day.  That was a big part of all the weight gain.  I love my coffee now I just use Splenda.  I tried Steevia (sp?) but it was very bitter and didn't taste good.   Thanks for stopping by to say hello :)

natalie37
on 12/30/12 12:30 am - Advance, NC
Revision on 03/28/12
Hi Kevin,
I was just thinking of you yesterday!! So glad you posted! So glad you sound more upbeat these days!! Stay the course my friend and you will continue to be successful!! At least that's what I keep telling myself!! WE CAN DO THIS!! I'm trying to refocus on small attainable goals, try it!! Keep checking in and PM me!! I need a buddy to keep pushing me as well!! Happy New Year friend!! Be safe!! HUGS!!
natalie
Natalie
Kevin H.
on 12/30/12 2:10 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12

Natalie, thanks .. yes I am feeling more upbeat :)  PM sent and Happy New Year to you as well!  I'll be working though LOL.  Uggg so many drunks haha!

acbbrown
on 12/30/12 12:52 am - Granada Hills, CA

As long as you never give up, you always have the potential to reach your goal. And hey, I like to run marathons and I've still not hot my goal, and not sure I will lol. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kevin H.
on 12/30/12 2:14 am - Baltimore, MD
VSG on 02/06/12

Thanks acbbrown :)  I wont ever give up .. I do know that.  I have no desire to eat like I used to.  At least your running those marathons .. that in itself says a lot!  I did run from the movie theater to my car when it was pouring down raining last week coming out of The Hobbit :P   It felt really good to get to my car and not be the least bit winded.  I'll have to try and get motivated to get back on the treadmill!

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/12 1:33 am

Glad to read you're doing much better than you were! Great news.

As for the weight loss, that's up to you. It gets harder to lose the farther out you get, but you can still lose. Look at folks like JimboVSG, Sleevegirl, acbbrown - all of whom have lost 200+ pounds. It took quite a while to accomplish such a loss. You can do it, too. You'll have to stick to program, but it'll be worth it. I know I'm a lightweight with only just over 100 pounds lost, but even for me those last pounds were hard to get off. If you need help getting back on track there are many people here willing to help, me included.

Whatever you decide I'm glad you are feeling so much better and enjoying life.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views