Sleeved 7 days ago.....how have I gained 5 pounds?

Janetisshrinking
on 1/4/13 3:14 am
I knew not to weigh but I did anyway and screaming happened when I saw I gained weight. I have followed stage one to the letter. I have had about 300 calories a day.

Aunt Flo arrived Tuesday. Is this her fault??? Am I stalled this early??? What the heck???

moonglo82
on 1/4/13 3:26 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Take a deep breath and step away from the scale :)

I bet if you had weighed in the hospital before leaving to come home, this would be more than five pounds... maybe as much as ten.  The IV fluid they give patients is full of sodium.  Add to that the fact that you're undoubtedly still very swollen, and you have a perfect recipe for artificial weight gain.  Aunt Flo probably doesn't help.

I bet if you give it another week, you'll be amazed at the difference.  You're only consuming 300 calories a day; it's virtually impossible to not lose on that kind of intake, unless you have a severe hormonal or metabolic problem, which very few do. 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/4/13 6:03 am - Kenmore, WA
VSG on 01/08/13

My doctor warned me this would happen. Between water weight, swelling from surgical site and other stuff he said don't weight yourself for at least a month!!! Try to just concentrate on recovery and getting healthy. Take a breath, and don't focus on the number  in the beginning. You can do this!

ruggie
on 1/4/13 4:13 am - Sacramento, CA

Like you said, don't weigh yourself.  Too early.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

juddfan1974
on 1/4/13 5:37 am - TN
VSG on 07/02/12

It happens...often due to extra fluid via your IV.  Don't stress it.  If you are following the rules you will be fine.

HopeFaith
on 1/4/13 12:56 pm - TX
VSG on 12/28/12

I had surgery last Friday, with my period --  happy happy joy joy (side note the hospital required me to use their napkins - they were  from the 1940's but I digress)

I gained five pounds too,  I wasn't urinating like normal only three four times a day. We're not drinking that much. Then, I weighed myself today and I lost all the water weight and some.   I got off the pain meds and spending my day sipping a shake and water. What goes in must come out, I'm urinating a lot more. 

Hang in there and step way from the scale. 

Most Active