Avoiding the SKIN issues

Tia T.
on 12/31/12 10:56 am

Before you respond with "there is nothing you can do" or "it is about genetics", I already know this.  HOWEVER...

I want to hear all of your old wives tales and rumors for how to keep it tight (or as tight as possible).  Creams, exercises, certain foods, standing on my head while I sing 99 bottles of protein shakes on the wall, what ever it is lay it on me.  I intend to do ALL of them.  lol

Looking for my inner peace

Pura Vida
on 12/31/12 11:04 am - Costa Rica

I am 4 years out. I don't believe that anyone here can give you any special "tricks" that can beat your genetics, but I will say that I believe excersize has made a great impact on my body composition. I did have a tummy tuck recently, but I have had 4 kids and a set of twins, so I deserved one!

Here is a progression photo, These are before plastics and you can see what happened at least from the backside.

slimpickins5280
on 1/1/13 1:07 am - CO

You are effing amazing! Geez, you didn't even need plastics.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/13 5:26 am

I know, I've commented on the photos before, but I just can't help myself.  You are one gorgeous lady. Wowzer.  I love seeing your photos, it is so inspirational.

(deactivated member)
on 12/31/12 11:06 am

Sure I will play.  No proof whatsoever but I've read that pomegranate supplements help, that dry brushing can help, and that yoga/pilates/barre types of exercise can help to firm things up.

judyhill1968
on 12/31/12 11:06 am
VSG on 12/13/12

I've been doing alot of research online.  Vitamin C is suppose to help....earthclinic.com has blogs talking about this.  I also read that lotions with shea butter or cocoa butter are good.  The main thing seems to be to keep your skin moisturized and exfoliate.

Again...just research I've done online.  Nothing confirmed by me.

LNC62
on 12/31/12 11:07 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

I think age and how long you've been really overweight has a lot to do with the skin issues and whether it will tighten up.    Perhaps you can try hemorrhoid cream to shrink those areas of concern.  After all, a lot of people use it for eye puffiness.

synthangel
on 12/31/12 11:09 am - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

old wives tale: wearing a girdle or compression garment every day! especially while sleeping. I think I am going to do this when I am closer to goal. 

Crabadams72
on 12/31/12 11:31 am - Silver Spring, MD
Spanx. Regular old Vaseline after taking a shower. 2 gallons of water daily.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

smbergie200
on 12/31/12 11:38 am - Naples, FL

Getting my tummy tuck on February 6th. Theres my secret to my skin issue.  but I heard keep yourself hydrated and take fish oil - good for the skin.

Plastics - Extended Tummy Tuck - February 6th 2013

Most Active