Cant stand protein drinks!!

healey63
on 1/2/13 9:36 pm

I need help,  my surgery is sched in 2 weeks and I have not found any protein drinks I like.  Any suggestions???

MomofMarch
on 1/2/13 9:39 pm - GA

Are you using powders or premade? GNC has some premade that they will let you sample to see if you like it. Mind you, I loved the vanilla bean ones before surgery, now I can't stand to smell them. Don't buy anything in bulk. I wish I had more advice, but I'm still working out the protein issues myself.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

healey63
on 1/2/13 9:46 pm

thanks,  I think this is going to be the hardest part.  I have tasted several and they are horrible.  The last ones were the Premeier chocolate and gross!!!

Julie L.
on 1/2/13 9:46 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

The only one I can stomach so far is the Premier Protein shakes you can buy at Costco.   Tastes like chocolate milk to me,  it's not overly thick and I can easily drink one every morning.   All the other ones I've tried were blech.   The Unjury chicken soup flavored one isn't bad. 

healey63
on 1/2/13 9:47 pm

just tasted one of those today I I think they are horrible but thanks for the info

tara3103
on 1/2/13 9:50 pm
VSG on 11/13/12

The only one I have found that I can stomach for the most part is EAS (Myoplex) premixed shakes.  I get them from Walmart or Sams.  They have vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.  I hate strawberry, but that is the only one I found that doesn't give me a horrible after tast.  They are not thick at all, very watery.  Good luck!

slatond
on 1/2/13 10:05 pm, edited 1/2/13 10:08 pm

Prior to surgery, I did Atkins protein shakes... I too, normally hate all protein shakes. Atkins is higher in fat and lower in protein than the other mentioned. So might not be the best choice long term. But worked great b4 surgery and I lost 18lbs b4 surgery. Also used post surgery for abt 1 mo and then switched to Premier Protein. ( my taste buds changed and I liked Premier post VSG).

Syntrax is another option. I did the "truffle" one and thought it was ok. But I like having my RTD's.

Good luck

slatond
on 1/2/13 10:11 pm

Just had another thought ... it would help if we knew what you do like??? I have one friend that swears by Fuzzy Navel Syntrax w/ orange juice.
Also one blog I follow she drinks "OH YEAH" shakes. OH YEAH is SUPER SUPER sweet so if you like sweet that would work. It sort of depends on what you do "LIKE" vs what is out there!?

I can't do either of the above mentioned. Not a fan of OJ and don't do sweet... but it works for them!

healey63
on 1/2/13 10:30 pm

The only ones i found halfway doable are the unjury chocolate.   I dont like vanilla or strawberry.   I would probably like anything fruity.

ruggie
on 1/3/13 5:18 am - Sacramento, CA

Then you might want to try the Syntrax Nectar shakes.  They have a lot of fruity flavors - I think they have about 13 flavors you can try. Their protein source is excellent, too.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Most Active