War

nmrudge
on 1/4/13 3:06 am - IL
VSG on 12/10/12

I swear there is a war going on in my stomach.  Everyday since surgery (12/10) I've felt and heard everything that I've ate or drank get digested in my belly.  It's annoying but I've tolerated it because it wasn't painful and I thought it was normal.  Now, for the past few nights, I've woken up out of dead sleep vomiting stomach bile.  I swear it's like a volcano erupted and it burns all the way up.  So I called my surgeon's office and after talking to the doc, he decided to prescribe me a liquid reflux medicine.  I'm already taking protonix but this medicine is supposed to work better.   

My question is, has anyone else dealt with this?? Does it go away?  What is everyone else taking for excess stomach acid?  Anything over the counter?  I don't know if I can handle any more nights like the past two.  I'd like to nip this in the bud real quick.  Any suggestions?

moonglo82
on 1/4/13 3:19 am
VSG on 03/29/12

I never had this problem, but just a thought:

Has your eating plan changed drastically in the last few days?  If you have just progressed to a new stage, maybe your sleeve doesn't like something you are giving it.  I would try taking out some of the most recent additions to my diet and see if that helps.  I would especially take a look at dinner, since you seem to have more trouble at night.  Just a thought, and it may not even help... but I hope you figure out a remedy soon, because that does not sound like fun!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

MomofMarch
on 1/4/13 7:06 am - GA

I've had the noises and discomfort of having all of the acid churning in mine as well. I haven't woken up vomiting bile, but during the day, it does get uncomfortable. My doc has me on Nexium to calm that down. I'm sure there is something you CAN take, but it's a good idea to ask your doc about it.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Most Active