an over cooked burger...

wmubronco03
on 1/5/13 1:46 am, edited 1/5/13 1:46 am - MI
VSG on 11/30/12

So I've had no problem with dense protein as long as I eat it slowly.  Last night I went out for dinner with the family, ordered a burger with no bun and set about eating around 1/3 to 1/2 of it.  I managed to eat it relatively slow as I am still working on that.  I order burgers medium usually as the softer middle gets through my sleeve easier.  This was a very over cooked burger, very well done.  I admit I ate it too fast but I've never been that close to puking up dinner.  I was miserable for a solid hour.  That SUCKED!!!  An over cooked burger needs to be chewed to death and eaten over a very long time.  Lesson learned.

MomofMarch
on 1/5/13 2:03 am - GA

I had a problem with some steak a few nights ago. I ordered it medium well and blended it when we got home. It STILL took a long time to digest. Longer than I expected. When I went to drink again afterwards, I ended up in some serious misery for about an hour. My lesson was to let my stomach settle for a bit longer than normal for beef.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

califsleevin
on 1/5/13 6:04 am - CA

My wife had problems with ground beef for quite a while after her WLS (and over-done would be worse, being drier,) and the doc said that such reactions are not unusual and that filet is often better tolerated than ground beef (and he was right, too!) so that is something to experiment with (though not always the easiest thing at a burger joint, or if feeding a large family on a tight budget!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

MuttLover
on 1/5/13 7:32 am
VSG on 11/14/12

An overcooked burger needs to be sent back!  My view is that I eat so little food, I want it to be really great, especially if I'm paying for it in a restaurant!  

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

laDeelila
on 1/5/13 12:19 pm - NJ

I would have sent it back! The restaurant is there to serve you the food they offer and a if they offer that burger mooing , it better be, This coming from a long time server of 15 or so years. Don't feel bad about it, it's their job to put out their orders correctly. It is detrimental to their sales and their take home tips. It most likely sat in the window under the heat lamps. If they took pride in there jobs they would have offered another burger already cooking on the grill for you.  Sorry, bad service erks me!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views