3 weeks out

LNC62
on 1/7/13 10:39 am - CA
VSG on 12/17/12

Today is my 3 week-a-versary.  So far so good, but there's a couple issues.  First, I believe I've hit the dreaded stall.  I've been at the same weight for almost a week. I started my pureed foods a week ago.  It's difficult to get all my protein in, which my NUT upped to 90 gms, and my fluids, but I'm giving it the ole college try.  My foods only consist of NF greek yogurt, NF cottage cheese and scambled eggs, so far.  I have mostly only eaten pureed foods 2x a day until today.  I planned better and added unflavored protein to my cottage cheese.  (Not the best choice to add powder to).  I'm supplementing the meals with the protein shakes and I finish off the day with water or other fluids to get in the 64. 

I had to start adding miralax the other day and today I started taking actigall to, hopefully, stave off gallstones.  I don't know if it's the actigall or the miralax or a combination, but something is giving me a lot of gas.  Or possibly it's the cottage cheese.  Anyway, it's a bit much. 

I have a little pain in my lower abdomen, below the belly button, when I bend that is apparently from an internal stitch.  I hope that goes away soon. I noticed it felt a little strained when walking on the treadmill.

So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Wildcat-NYC
on 1/7/13 10:41 am
VSG on 08/16/12

It gets better!!!  I felt tons better at about 4 weeks out...

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
MB_MB
on 1/7/13 11:45 am

I stalled too at three weeks.  One day out of the blue it will peel off of you!  Keep doing what you are doing!!!  It is an amazing journey and you are in such good hands with your surgeon!!!  Take care and don't worry!!  It gets better and better!!!  MB

Keith L.
on 1/7/13 12:28 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12 with

3 week stall is normal. Everything sounds like you are on track.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

jarabacoagirl
on 1/7/13 12:42 pm
VSG on 12/17/12 with

As you know I'm with you on that 3 week stall.  I think it's the Miralax and the CC that is causing the gas.  Not the Actigall.  (Cause I have been taking the Actigall since 14 days out. 

I made the most nasty puree just now.  I'm not sure if I'm gonna keep it or toss it.  It's white crabmeat (from the can) laughing cow cheese wedges and plain yogurt.  I seasoning it up.  Well I was hoping it would taste good but no exactly.  Of course I made 2 cups of the stuff.  So that means I have enough for 8 meals.  lol 

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

LNC62
on 1/7/13 12:53 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Yikes, that sounds nasty.

jarabacoagirl
on 1/7/13 1:22 pm
VSG on 12/17/12 with

Yep I don't know why I thought it would be good.  Well I guess the protein and carbs were correct.  I'm not sure about TASTE!  LOL :-)

HW 302 lbs SW  279.8 lbs.  CW  193.8 lbs   MFP Jarabacoagirl  Preop diets 22.2 lbs, 1st month 21.2 lbs, 2nd month 14.6 lbs,  3rd month 11.2 lbs, 4th month 7 lbs, 5th month 7 lbs, 6th month 6.8 lbs, 7th month 5.2 lbs, 8th month 4.4 lbs 9 and 10th months slowed down didn't record exactly

108.2 lbs lost from highest weight!

(86.2 lbs of that was lost since surgery date)

Living4MyBabySon
on 1/7/13 1:00 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
Hey Sleeve Buddy, I had my 3 week stall a week early. I was the same weight for a week and then all of the sudden today 4 pounds down. I took Keith's advice and added more water when I excersised and didn't count that as my required 64 oz. Also, I added an additional protein shake, not the meal replacement shake that I got from my doctors office for 60 bucks a bag, its Body Fortress protein supplement. Has 52 g of protein . That helps me to get to my 65-99 g of required protein I need per day. Its kind of hard to stomach for me because it smells and tastes like medicine a little but I think that helped with my stall.