My Dr. recommended a tummy tuck... soon.

VerucaSallt
on 1/10/13 12:18 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

I have always had problems with my abdomen after I had my first baby.  After I had a few more (and those were c sections) the excess skin and fat has gotten to not just be uncomfortable (I have to bind my belly when I run), it's causing all sorts of skin problems, even after several trips to my primary.  I went last week for more skin problems and she finally said that I need to seriously consider plastic surgery, and that my insurance would definitely pay for it.  I called and checked, and yes, based on the preliminary qualifiers they would indeed cover it, with exception of muscle suturing because that is cosmetic and I have no hernia.  So yesterday I went to go see a plastic surgeon.  I could tell he actually felt sorry for me... the scars from the boils, the irritated skin and that's all WITH diligent care.  I asked him if he thought I should wait until I get to goal, and while normally that's where he likes his patients to be, he told me that because my quality of life is suffering, it would be better to do it sooner rather than later.  So he submitted everything to the insurance company, and if I continue to average 12 lbs/month, by April I will be 30 pounds from goal.  He said there's probably 10 lbs of fat to be removed so a 20 lb weight loss would most likely not lead to a little sagging but at that point it's just a matter of look and I will be rid of all this pain and discomfort.  I wasn't expecting this so soon!

jacreasy
on 1/10/13 12:31 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Wow Good Luck and Congrats!!!!!

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

VerucaSallt
on 1/10/13 12:35 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Thanks!  Another insurance waiting game.... ugh!!!!

cajunlady1958
on 1/10/13 12:32 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I would definetly follow the ps recommendation. I am on medicare and once I get closer to my goal i will probably have to fight to get a tuck. I suffer in the summer, south louisiana, with raw, red, and welp like areas under my stomach, with pain i never thought i would have. So you go girl I'll pray for you.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

VerucaSallt
on 1/10/13 12:36 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

300 pound me last summer... it was HORRIBLE.  I never want to go through that again.  Thanks for the prayers!

AmberK
on 1/10/13 12:33 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

That's awesome, and I am sure you feel so much better about yourself!! I wish my insurance would pay for mine but I doubt it. 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

VerucaSallt
on 1/10/13 12:38 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

I have been embarrassed for so many years about my belly... while I never started this weight loss journey with the only goal of looking better, the thought of not needing to wear long shirts, or being embarrassed about intimate moments with my husband I almost want to cry with joy :)

Jennchap
on 1/10/13 1:18 am, edited 1/10/13 1:19 am - CA

I did my tt at 5.5 months out. I weighed 159 and am now about 135 with no ill effects to the results so chin up babe. I'd buckle Down And lose as much as you can before the tt. I love my muscle repair you may want to see if you can pay the difference to have that done. It's makes. Huge difference. 

Hugs...

HW 275   SW 229   CW 136 

AmberK
on 1/10/13 3:39 am
VSG on 03/07/12 with

What exactly is a muscle repair and do most docs. do it with a tt? 

VSG 3/07/12     HW:260   SW: 249   CW:164  

VerucaSallt
on 1/10/13 5:26 am - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with
when your pregnant, the abdomen muscles stretch apart. Where there is usually just a very small tight vertical space in between each of the muscles, pregnancy stretches that out and it never goes back to normal. no amount of exercise will ever put the muscles back where they belong. when you're slim, you'll notice a slight bulge above the belly button which tends to get worse with every subsequent pregnancy. Considering I've had for children the muscles are protruding quite a bit. what the doctor does, is use very strong sutures to pull the muscles back together again. That is what acheives the flat stomach. It is common with tt for women.

Most Active