Detour Bar Cookie dough caramel crunch

bigred_z
on 1/10/13 12:09 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Mike mailed me 4 bars to try.  I have to say, WOW!!  They were very tasty, hard to believe they were a protein bar!  Thanks so much Mike, it was very generous of you to send them.

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

mickeymantle
on 1/10/13 2:09 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sounds great where can I get one to try

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Calking
on 1/10/13 2:38 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

christinahelena
on 1/10/13 4:19 pm - CA
I'm going to throw it a word of caution for newbies and those not yet at goal....
Just MY experience to share, may not apply to anyone else.
Have not checke ethe stats of this bar you speak of,
But at three months post op I am CURSING myself for allowing a protein bar into my plan. I thought it was a great alternative to all the holiday junk, all the cookies, candy etc in my house for my kiddos and hubby. I derailed myself and am having the worst week trying to stay away from 100-200 calorie protein bars! I have one and crave more....trying to stay at 600 calories and around 20 grams of carbs,
And a 200 calorie bar, quest with fiber or not, has screwed me up!!!
My old triggers...candy and flour products. I thought I could " handle " it....
It is like I let a tiger out of the cage. In maintenance I could do it,
In losing phase I have got to stay far away from protein bars ...
Just my two cents, a cautionary tale from someone who has been having a hard time just saying no to a bite of this and a nibble of that since I had a damn bar!!! And I had not had a bite off plan in 3 months, dedicated, rock solid resolve..... Until I courted a protein bar.
Evaluate if it will be a trigger for you before you go there!
I am making myself go back to liquids only for a few days to clean up my act and get back to rock solid. I won't be having a protein Bar again until maintenance !
It all started with a severe peanut butter craving,
I ordered protizyme pb cookie protein shake, and will see if that helps. I've had some pb2 and Splenda mixed into non fat ricotta cheese.....but dang, wish I'd never had that protein bar. Some people say they help them stay on plan, for me...it was the opposite, it awakened a taste for crap.... I need to stick with chicken, shrimp, fish....
In case it helps someone else to share....
Christina
bigred_z
on 1/10/13 6:31 pm - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Christina, you are absolutely right!  As good as these are, I can see being tempted to eat for pleasure and not necessity.  Even the quest bars can be "triggery" for me.  Thanks for making a good point!

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

fran67
on 1/10/13 9:55 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/08/12
I agree, be very careful. I too would eat 1/2 of one every once in a while when I was about 5-6 months out. Before I knew it, I found myself having the whole thing and then craving them everyday. They became a substitute for a candy bar. Broke that habit real quick!! I do still keep one in my car in case of an emergency but I do everything I can to avoid eating it.

4' 11" HW 218 SW 214 Original Goal of 125 in 8.5 mos Lowest Weight 119 CW 133 Trying to get back in the 122-128 range 

Most Active