Anyone have regrets on getting VSG?????

healey63
on 1/10/13 8:11 pm

My surgery is next week and I am really nervous.   I get these visions of never being able to eat again.   Any response will be greatly appreciated.  

LilSleeved
on 1/10/13 8:22 pm

I have no regrets, but there was a discussion on the VSG forum on Facebook about this very thing.  Many do regret it initially because it is a life change, but after the weight starts coming off, they no longer regret it.

I have to say, I do miss eating as I did before WLS.  When I was first Banded, it wasn't as bad because the fills and adjustments are in your hands.  I lost, but I could have lost faster if I had been more aggressive with my fills.  Now with the Sleeve, I don't have control of my how small my tummy is.  It's 15% of what it was before and that means, I can eat 2 to 3 oz of food 5 times a day.  It's a teeny tiny portion. 

I went out to eat with my daughter last night.  She ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and a salad.  I ordered one meatball.  I ate it very slowly because I am taught that way, but also, I didn't want to consume my entire meal in the time it would take her to eat a bite!

it does take some time to get used to - but it's so worth the change.  I don't have any regrets.

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

Nikke2003
on 1/10/13 8:39 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Looks like you're doing awesome! What an inspiration! I know I've thought to myself "Is it really possible for me to lose 270 lbs?" and it's right there in your ticker! Amazing!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

LilSleeved
on 1/10/13 8:59 pm

Oh Sweetie!  It's not only possible, but it's doable!  The LapBand helped me lose 270 - now with the Sleeve, I am almost to the 300lbs weight loss mark!  300lbs

Life is good!

Lost 271lbs with my LapBand in 22 months!  My Band malfunctioned and I gained almost 42lbs and then revised to the Sleeve 9/24/12!  I lost another 140 lbs with my Sleeve!  Loved the LapBand and Lovin' The Sleeve!

VerucaSallt
on 1/10/13 10:09 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

pineview01
on 1/11/13 11:52 am - Davison, MI

You need to update that ticker girlfriend.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

LilSleeved
on 1/11/13 4:45 pm

I know!  I only access OH from my iphone and I'm not sure how to update my ticker!

I do want one of those cards! 

I am going to Tiffany's to get my first pair of diamond earrings!

Christine Heusinger
on 1/11/13 12:04 am - GA

Would you please send me the link for the Facebook VSG forum you refer to? I searched just for "VSG" but didn't find it.  Thanks!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

LilSleeved
on 1/11/13 4:47 pm

PM me and give me your FB name and I will invite you to the group.  It's a closed group since some people are not open with family and friends about their surgery.

Christine Heusinger
on 1/11/13 11:30 pm - GA

My FB name is Christine Patrick Heusinger

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Most Active
5 Year Update
karishka · 10 replies · 293 views
trouble getting enough down.
Komatos · 9 replies · 182 views
Got a surgery Date
Vanvooh · 6 replies · 129 views
sugar alternatives
AlaskaLass · 6 replies · 107 views
scar/incision management
thundermuffins · 3 replies · 43 views
Happy 8 years!!!!