Doing a mini reset

MaryContrary80
on 1/13/13 3:24 am
VSG on 09/04/12

I went on vacation over the holidays and since I returned I feel like my head is in a weird place. I had the flu and had and still have some cold symptoms and fatigue. I have been doing ok but not great with eating and got to onederland. The whole thing felt like "eh, whatever" instead of the excitement that I thought I would feel. My biggest problem is that I am not working out. I hit a groove where I was working out an hour or more a day and then got sick and haven't gotten back to it like I need to. Yesterday I took a nice walk with my hubby and son since we are having some unseasonably warm weather and I realized that I need to light a fire under me again. I went out and got the ingredients for Elinas Green soup and made a huge pot and froze about half. I have been cleaning and doing laundry today with the windows open trying to get this "sickness" feeling out of the house. I am trying to get some recipes together and I am determined to workout everyday this week. My big goal is to do at least a 5k with my sister by the end of the year.  Ultimately what I think has happened to me is that initial motivation has burned out and I need to keep making new goals and find things to keep me focused and excited about my new body and new lifestyle. If you guys have any advice on how you stay excited and motivated, I would love to hear it! 

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/13 3:32 am

I hope the soup turned out well.  I do the same thing, I freeze quite a bit and have different soups ready to go anytime I need a little cleanse or reset.

If I were you and looking to set new goals and get excited again, I would choose a few small behavioral goals that are very concrete and can be measured.  I would make my accountability for reaching them quite public and I would make them all short term and very doable.  I would then come up with a small reward (not food of course) and make sure to make a big deal out of succeeding in meeting my goals.  Then I would do the same thing again. 

Here is an example of what I mean:  I might set a goal of eating a particular number of calories, carbs and protein for five days. I would commit to journaling every single bite and posting it or sending it to a friend.  I would also commit to pre-planning those five days and staying true to my plan.  At the end of the five days, I would reward myself with a piece of costume jewelry, or a pedicure, or something that makes me feel appreciated.  I would then set the next five day goal.  Notice how my goals are not weight driven but are behavior driven.  The weight will take care of itself if I do what I know I need to do.  I hope this helps a bit.

MaryContrary80
on 1/13/13 5:08 am
VSG on 09/04/12

Thank you Elina! Soup was fantastic, except that my hubby is probably going to eat it all!! Thank you for the tips. That is super helpful. I do pretty well for carbs and cals but I really need to get the protein up. I think setting a short term goal could help me a lot with that. Thank you! 

Teasha1
on 1/13/13 3:56 am
VSG on 06/04/12
Well you just helped me Elina . I keep setting long term goals. I love the idea of shorter term goals. Again thank you.

Dr. Sauceda future patient  - body will be by Sauceda!

Surgery 4 Jun 12 Dr Ponce de Leon in Mexico I was down 57 lbs prior to surgery.

TSinNC
on 1/13/13 7:25 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Mary, you have been working so hard at this and kicking booty, too. You have the strength to get to goal, and I know you will find a way to get back on track with motivation. Elina's idea about small, measurable goals is a great way to start. 

You can do this, my friend!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

MaryContrary80
on 1/13/13 9:20 pm
VSG on 09/04/12

Thanks Tina, that means a lot to me!! :) 

susieg.tx
on 1/13/13 9:06 am - TX
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I'm with you, the holidays and flu season has knocked me off plan. Tina is right, you have been kicking butt. You are stron enough to get to goal. Way to get back on track.

MaryContrary80
on 1/13/13 9:21 pm
VSG on 09/04/12

Thanks Susie!! Couldn't do this without you!!! 

pineview01
on 1/13/13 9:25 am - Davison, MI

Same thing here cruised instead of visited, holidays, flu and left with cold like symptoms.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

MaryContrary80
on 1/13/13 9:22 pm
VSG on 09/04/12

Hope you feel better! 

Most Active