Grossed out my son today...lol!

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/15/13 12:40 am

I am almost six weeks out and my NUT is trying to get me to add a few foods to my eating regimen.  I have done so well on the food I have been eating I have been reluctant to try anything new.  Well on some link someone on here had I saw a cottage cheese chicken salad and I thought...hmm.  So I doctored it up and put very thinly shredded carrots, small cut cucumbers with no seeds, cottage cheese, a little chicken, and some green peas ( the frozen kind that I thawed out) and told my son about it who is currently deployed.  He challenged me to send him my menu each day while he is deployed...lol!  I just got a response back..."You ate that, all together, like mixed together, that is gross mom."  I thought it tasted good.  He wanted to know how I could call it a salad without lettuce...I told him it was more a seven layer salad without the lettuce.  Oh well it is high in protein, low in carbs and calories and frankly it tasted pretty darn good.  Accountability is very important for me.

mimij
on 1/15/13 12:45 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Sounds okay to me, but I happen to like cottage cheese and chicken. Have never tried putting them together.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/15/13 12:52 am

I have eaten them separately but never with the added things...I just thought my son's response was funny.

califsleevin
on 1/15/13 1:13 am - CA

It's impressive that you can gross out someone used to MRE's!

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Lynnegetsbrave
on 1/15/13 2:40 am

He is on a ship...there aren't any MRE's...lol...he says the food is really pretty good..lol

phred
on 1/15/13 6:37 am - CO

Sounds like a case of "Chacun a son gout".

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views