Bad leg pain. Vets please comment.

seekingslimness
on 1/20/13 7:25 am
VSG on 02/24/12

So for a few weeks now I have been this awful aching, cramping pain throughout my legs, mostly in my thighs and knees but to some extent down the whole leg.  Tylenol and yes even occasional motrin don't seem to help.  It's actually interferring with sleep.  I am planning on calling my doc in the morning but I am at a loss at what it could be or if it's even related to VSG.  I get my water, protein and vitamins in, I don't over exercise.  Any thoughts?

NIKKI

ParisGirl
on 1/20/13 8:02 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Vitamin b12 or D deficiency? Or Sciatic nerve???

Good luck!

rhinorg
on 1/20/13 8:08 am
A number of thoughts, none related to vsg...lack of electro lights, sodium, potassium..

Kristin B.
on 1/20/13 8:28 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with

post massive weight loss your center of gravity has changed.  In my case stress is being placed on joints and muscles that causes me great pain and difficulty sleeping.

you stand differently- you walk differently- and you might be straining weakened muscles

in my case i was only able to get relief from seeing a chiro and masseuse- I have a standing massage every Thurs and see my chiro 2 x month

Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
ruggie
on 1/20/13 10:21 am - Sacramento, CA

If it's like pain that you have from a charlie horse - especially if this is occurring mainly while you sleep, a cheap magnesium pill each day will fix it.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

Kristin B.
on 1/20/13 10:29 am, edited 1/20/13 10:31 am - West Des Moines, IA
VSG on 05/17/08 with

ooh- forgot about them- i take them also- they help with leg cramps at night for me but the joint and muscle pain I have daily- I need my Mario- the masseuse

Fortune sides with he who dares. ~ Virgil  
Unsolicited PMs about doctors, procedures, or facilities should be given as much consideration as spam offering foreign lottery winnings, penis- enlarging creams, and Nigerian fortunes.
AnnieinIA
on 1/20/13 10:52 am
Let me say - if it's leg cramps, the solution can be hard to come by. For some people it's magnesium, for others it's potassium or dehydration...or something else... For me - the years and years of chasing the cause ended up in an interesting place. Apparently, I need a bit more more salt in my diet than some people do. I am not a huge fan of salt, but do make sure I get enough (for my body) daily or those cramps will cripple me. I still get them on occasion, but it's much milder.

I am not saying you need salt, I am saying that there isn't just one cause, nor one solution.

Annie
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views