Shopping is fun, but can still make me violent.

Feystorm
on 1/21/13 1:41 pm - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Ok, maybe not violent, but angry enough to think about it.  

I like being small.  I am happy with my progress and hope to always be small.  I love shopping now.  I love looking at the clothes that I used to pass by with a thought of "nope, nothing in that rack for me".   In fact today my daughter and I were just browsing the mall when I went into a store I had never been in before.  As I was ooohing and ahhing, I remarked that I didn't think I had ever noticed this store before.  My daughter said, "Mom, you noticed, but you said they wouldn't have anything for you ever - and now look, you can wear everything."  Love that kid.  

My violence comes from our experience on Saturday.  My daughter, a friend, and myself went to the Alley in downtown LA's fashion district.  As my friends from OH can attest, I am in love with this place.  LOVVVEEE... cheap clothes.  oh yeah!  

I am now in a size 3, comfortably.  My 5s pull off without unbuttoning.  I am just comfy in a 3, and prolly will move into a 1 by the time it's all said and done.  (I get the don't lose anymore weight thing a lot; but that's a whole other convo).  My daughter and I went into one of the stores to get me jeans.  One of the few places with a dressing room.  I picked out 4 pairs of jeans, all size 3. I was looking for a last pair when the sales lady came over to "help" me.  I said I wanted a certain style in a 3.  She stood there, gave me the up and down look and said "You better take them in a 5, they have no stretch."  I just was shocked.  I said, no, I am a 3, I would like a three and I will try it on."  She paused, grabbed a 3 & a 5 - hands them to me and says "You must try on the 5 first, I am sure it will fit better."

WTF!!??!!  I turned and went into the dressing room, dumped the jeans on the floor and grabbed those size 3s!!!  I put them on, and don't you know it, they fit and buttoned and everything.  I walked out of the fitting room over to the lady, said the threes fit fine, thanks.  I then returned to the fitting room.  I put my own clothes back on and left the pile in the room, collected my child and the MANY bags we had.  I then walked straight across the way to her competitor where I proceeded to buy 4 pairs of size 3 jeans.  Screw you lady!

I don't care what size you are, big or small... comments and rudeness like that doesn't stop hurting.  It infuriates me that people think they can talk to another human that and it will be "ok".  I had a strong urge to slap her after that up/down checking me out look. I refrained, but I tell you, I was quite satisfied just showing her they fit fine and then spending my money somewhere else.  lol

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

Linda B.
on 1/21/13 2:12 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Glad you spent your money somewhere else. I have been known to do the same thing on occasion. I think we are on the same page about spending our hard earned cash at places that appreciate their customers.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

carebear32958
on 1/21/13 5:49 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Oh man, You know its hard enough wrapping our heads around how far we have come thru this journey! I still findGood for you!! my self gravitating toward the plus size sections and I can wear a size 10 now.  I would be so PISSED if some biotch did that to me! You should go back and pull the Pretty woman line! "You work on comission right? Mistake, big mistake! LOL, glad you spent your money else where! Good for you!!! :)

Kari

TSinNC
on 1/21/13 8:18 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

So frustrating! What the heck is wrong with people?!?

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Crabadams72
on 1/21/13 8:48 pm - Silver Spring, MD
I see this situation a little differently.

Odd sizes are juniors sizes and even are misses. Having worked retail in the past, I would see people choose something, not knowing if it "ran small" if the 3's did not fit would you have bought the 5? I did this yesterday. I went to American Eagle and I can wear the size 0. I have been doing more leg exercises and my jeans are now a tad loose. I tried on the 00 but they were too small and I do have some skin in the thigh area. I walked out-I could've bought a 0 but while losing I was always looking forward to the next smaller size.

Now, if she had that "snooty saleswoman" attitude then I would've let her have it.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

slimpickins5280
on 1/21/13 10:55 pm - CO

My daughter is in 00 at AE. Wow. That's awesome.

OP - Congrats on the 4 new pairs of jeans. I hope someday that I can walk into a store to buy clothes and not break out in a sweat.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Crabadams72
on 1/21/13 11:42 pm - Silver Spring, MD
Sizes now are crazy. If I buy true skinny jeans I need a size 5. Talk about a real mind $&@!.
Misses sizes are more forgiving though!
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views