Antibiotics

ms4jb
on 1/24/13 1:58 am
VSG on 11/28/12

My pcp prescribed antiobiotics for a bacterial rash that I developed. I was to take 4 pills a day for 10 days. Well first of all, them darn pills suppressed my appetite and second, on the 4th day of treatment I developed mild diarrhea and abdominal pain. So I discontinued taking them. The problem then was that the stomach issues continued and anything that I ate gave me the runs. To make long story short, today is my 6th day dealing with these stomach cramps and runs to the bathroom after I eat. I already tried imodium like my surgeon suggested. That relieved it for half a day yesterday but this morning, I am back at it again. I am even afraid to eat because that makes it worse. I have been toughing it out at work but it is so uncomfortable...don't know what to do? I already left a message for my surgeon....

HEATHER H.
on 1/24/13 2:28 am - SC
VSG on 08/07/12

I would try a probiotic. The damned antibiotic probably killed all of your normal flora and screwed your system up. Sorry you're having it rough. I HATE antibiotics!! Probably bad, since I'm a nurse. LOL..

Highest Weight: 270   Pre-Op Weight 267    Day of Surgery: 254.5   Current: 154             Month 1: -20lbs , Month 2 -16lbs, Month 3 -15lbs Month 4 - 10lbs, Month 5 - 11lbs;  month 6 - 9lbs; month 7 - 6lbs; month 8 - 4lbs; month 9 - 5lbs; month 10 - 1lb

Most Active