WLS & acne

nmrudge
on 1/24/13 5:46 am - IL
VSG on 12/10/12

Anyone's face breakout like a teenager after surgery?  Mine has and it's driving me nuts.  I'm 35 but look 15.  Haven't had a breakout problem since high school.  Just wondered if anyone else had this problem.

Edit Delete

gloria P.
on 1/24/13 5:59 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12

I did have more so I saw my pcp. He gave me monocycline 100 mg once a day. $6. For 1 month supply at Walmart. Took about a month and a half and no another breakout and it has been about a year. Same type med as doxycycline but the doxy is twice a day  but it is on the $4 list at Walmart. The extra $2 was worth it to me. Good luck and happiness to you!!

racemomss
on 1/24/13 7:02 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12

I have done research and found that I tend to breakout when I am in the fat burning mode. I welcome the acne. Cant say I love it but usually when I see the acne a few days later I have a good drop on the scale. Good luck to you!!

jolenecsky
on 1/24/13 9:28 am - Franklin, KY
VSG on 08/15/12

I have had the opposite experience! I used to have acne all the time pre-op. Now, my face is almost always clear except for an occasional zit. Amazing what a little bit of weight loss can do do for ya!!

In your case, its probably the hormonal changes your body is going through! Just hang in there because I am sure it will get better soon!

DOS: 8/15/12

PoohHag
on 1/24/13 10:57 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12

Mine was really bad the first 2 months and then quit.  I think it was all the toxins leaving my body from the burning fat.  

alabamaorthogirl
on 1/24/13 2:37 pm - AL
VSG on 02/19/13
Really hoping this doesn't happen to me. Hope yours goes away soon: (
Most Active