i feel like im on a emotional roller coaster ride..help..advice needed..

Toni310
on 1/28/13 6:02 am - Toms River, NJ
VSG on 01/22/13

Hey friends how is everyone doin..i have not posted since they day after my surgery and at that point i was so unhappy & in so much pain..so basically i was sleeved on tues the 22nd that mornin before surgery i was 323 today i am 311.3.. so im alil happy about that and im sure i will be happier once i lose more and feel better...i no longer have pain and im not takin pain meds..i was in the hospital from tues to fri...i am on full liquids such as broth cream soups strain apple juice sugar free icepops & gaterade..the water is not agreeing wit me & neither is the protein shakes omg so gross but funny thing is they werent so bad before surgery..i am hungry and would luv to eat a meal i wont though but its so hard bein in a house wit 4 kids & a husband who since i been home looks like all they do is eat lol..chinese food mcdonalds chips etc and i so wish i could have some....and although none of them r over weight and they can eat that i really wish they wouldnt do it in front of me at least not now maybe when i start eatin i wont feel that way i wont want their food if i can have my own..but they need to eat to lol..i am miserable because i think im hungry i dont kno if i am actually hungry or its just my mind but most of all i really miss food i feel like an addict withdrawin from food if that makes sense...i am so excited and cant wait until i get to the soft food stage..these liquids r killin me i have to force then down..rite now im gettin about 30-50oz of liquid and i havent really done any proteins..sry about writtin a book im just so overwhelmed i knew it would be hard but this is much harder and although i want and feel like givin up i kno i cant..plz help wit some advice or some of ur experiences..thanks for readin..talk to u soon..xoxo

rissa1224
on 1/28/13 6:18 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

First off, CONGRATS! You WILL get better. Trust me. I was pretty depressed and anxious and a mess for a while. I had my VSG 12/5 and thought the pain and weird "hunger" feeling wouldnt go away. IT DOES. It isnt hunger you feel though, which I swore I felt! It's just your new tummy and all that jazz basically...adjusting and it can be gas and such too. My family, mostly my brother and my dad EAT AND EAT. So I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL. You're doing just as you should! Trust me. You seem to be getting a good amount of liquids in, I didnt! I hardly got much in even 2 weeks post. Good job!!! I am here for you for anything so feel free to ask!! This site is awesome, I love the people and how helpful everyone is. 

Tip for water- I had and still have trouble getting plain water down. Weird right? I mixed my water with Vitamin water Zero (any flavor as long as its ZERO) I used the lemonade flavor. Went down so easy! Now I mix 16oz of LITE juice V8 with like 45 oz of water. In a huge jug I bought at 5 Below. I just cant stand plain water! 

The shakes- dont worry just yet about the shakes if you cant- I tried shakes 2 weeks post and felt like death. I focused on liquids for over 2 weeks, slowly added a SF jello and pudding too. Slowly it gets better! Trust me. =)

Toni310
on 1/28/13 6:26 am - Toms River, NJ
VSG on 01/22/13

aww thanks so much for responsing..im glad to hear im not alone..i did try sf jello in the hospital eww didnt like they way it went down and trust me i luv jello..i thought puddin and yogurts was not allowed now in the liquid stage i would luv to have a yogurt or a puddin..i tried crystal lite and i also like that no good didnt like it..do u kno if i can have farina if i make it thin..also the smell of perfume makes me nausea i never had that before either..lol..i really cant stand to have another cup of broth or cream soup..wat other forms of liquid am i missin..

rissa1224
on 1/28/13 6:35 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12

Well you said you had surg 22nd, so maybe it is too early for SF jello and pudding and yogurt. I focused on liquids. I also diluted the crystal lite, or any flavorings in water. Like put so little, but it made the water taste better. I dilute everything still. I had a few sf ice pops too early out becuase it was better than my liquid. 

drsonnya1
on 1/28/13 7:44 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I agree with everything Rissa said.  The first couple weeks I *thought* I was hungry.  After that passed I was fine and have been since.... I"m almost 4 months out and never have cravings.  I have a hard time eating enough, honestly. 

I can't drink plain water still.  I can't drink cold water.  I have to drink flavored water.... crystal light, etc. 

You'll be fine!  Don't worry... you are right on track. 

Sonnya

Toni310
on 1/28/13 11:29 am - Toms River, NJ
VSG on 01/22/13
Thanku so much
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views