Fruits and veggies ?

LeighAnne89
on 1/30/13 4:42 am - KY

I have always been told all fruits and veggies are good for you the more you eat the better off you are if you also stay away from the junk, but now I am hearing otherwise so I was wondering what are good fruits and veggies to eat that are not full of a bunch of carb?

mary d
on 1/30/13 4:57 am, edited 1/30/13 4:57 am

Well it looks like you have been doing fine with your weight loss.  Here is a site where you can compare different nutrients in food.  Try putting in,highest in fiber, lowest in carbs, in the vegetable catogory.  Go to this site and play around with it.  It will give you a whole list of foods depending on the criteria you put in.

Read More http://nutritiondata.self.com/tools/nutrient-search#ixzz2JUh nl5Om

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

ms_dar
on 1/30/13 11:06 am - Canada

I find that when I eat most fruits I don't lose weight as easily and I also crave more carbs.  I try to stick with protein and veggies, mostly leafy and green veggies. Of course my nutritionist doesn't agree with me or my theory so I suggest you assess your own diet. For sure try to avoid junk.  I can eat way too many crackers, candy etc.  It is a slippery slopes and one best avoided.

Sleeveless
on 1/30/13 4:29 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Broccoli is low carb, high fiber, and even has a little protein. Plus, the stalks can help close your pyloric valve I hear. Enjoy!

Most Active