Home and Sleeved!

joannalu_1970
on 2/1/13 4:18 am - CA
VSG on 01/29/13

So, I'm officially sleeved.  My surgery was on Tuesday at noon.  It ran late and waiting there not knowing why was the absolute worst part of the experience.  If they didn't already take my clothes away, I know I would have dressed and canceled the entire procedure.  Then there was the weird part of my walking into the surgery room, climbing on to the table, and being strapped in.  That was surreal as well.  Next thing I knew, I was in recovery feeling pretty awful.  I had some nausea and a lot of soreness in the midsection.  I can't say that I felt gas pain though.  But the soreness was much worse than I expected.  I also had an oxygen mask which I hated. The nurses were great and managed my pain quite well.  I had one bad nausea experience, and that was from the heavy duty pain med.  Walking wasn't easy until the very last day.  Now that I'm home, I'm happy to report that drinking isn't an issue and I love that I can take larger gulps of water (every 15 minutes, of course).  Things start to gurgle and burp when I've had too much.  Getting my protein in will be a challenge, but I think the water part might be OK.  And I suddenly LOVE water!  I never did before.  I'm walking, I'm sipping, and looking forward to what the next few months bring.  So far, no regrets.  I'm glad the worst is behind me, meaning the anxiety, fear, and not knowing if this decision is the right one.  

Thank you everyone for your support!

mildollarsmile
on 2/1/13 4:27 am - SE, TX
VSG on 03/11/13

Congratulations!! Good luck on your journey!! I will be sleeved March 11th, so to read how someone does afterwards lets me know what to expect. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm so happy for you!! 

Melanie -- HW:320 SW:300 CW:277.2 GW:150 

LoveOBX
on 2/2/13 10:16 am

I'm scheduled for March 12!!  Reading about others does help ease the anxiety.  

Keith L.
on 2/1/13 4:53 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Congrats. Check out IsoPure Zero Carb RTD. The flavors are not that great but they go down easily and they have 40g of protein. Don't make the mistake of buying a case of them. Start by going to your local Vitamin Shoppe and pick up a few singles from their cooler so you can find what flavor you likes. You can also pickup some Mio to make them taste better.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

rhinorg
on 2/1/13 5:22 am
awesome.....u r in the house, smile....

IHeartMexico
on 2/1/13 7:36 am
VSG on 01/21/13
Congratulations !!

vabella
on 2/1/13 10:18 am - TX

congrats!   sounds like every thing is good well keep up the great work and follow your doctors orders and that weight will fall of before you know it. 

jen

VSGFoodie
on 2/1/13 1:09 pm
VSG on 01/16/13

Congratulations! :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views