Met with my surgeon!

jenn227
on 2/1/13 6:24 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

So I had my initial meeting and consult today!  Love my surgeon and it was so good having my hubby there.  I had already researched the crud out of this, but I know he still had a whole bunch of questions.  He is 100% on board with this whole thing now (he would have supported me no matter what, but I did want him to feel comfortable with this decision.  It will definitely affect him and our family too).

So I have my list of appointments to make and my follow up is on 2/27 (my b-day!).  He said if I can get my appts done asap, I could possibly have surgery by early March...which is what I was pushing for.  If not, I'm going to have to postpone until after I am done this semester (May), which will be ok, but I'd much rather get in there by March 10 or so and then have time to heal before my 3rd class starts and get started on this journey!

My surgeon is so awesome.  He was laughing at my schedule and asked if I ever have time to smell the roses.  I told him about Friday night date night and he gave us the info/menu for a local restaurant that has a WLS friendly portion of its menu.  How freakin cool is that!  I am a total foodie & love to try different restaurants and do not plan on giving that up...I know it will be a while after my surgery before I can go and i know my choices and portions will have to reflect my new way of eating, but yay!

So I already scheduled my cardio eval and left a message for 2 different psych offices (everyone is closed it's Friday evening!), left a message for my GI doc and my primary care doc.  As my husband said, "Oh, (she) will have this done in time."  Lol...ok, gotta go get my stuff ready for the gym so we can get our workout in & then off to this new restaurant!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 51 views