Need some encouragement from the vets....please

janielynne
on 2/3/13 11:31 am

I have been struggling as of late.  Poor choices and lack of exercise.  I still have great restriction(22mths out) thank heavens. I took the time this weekend to make up my own new food journal. I have been trusting my memory and not really journaling, so I'm hoping that this will help alot.  I need some tips from all of you, on what you do when you lose your way.  I have gained  5 pounds and I really need to focus and get it off along with the last 20 I want to lose...

Thank you in advance...

Jane

ruggie
on 2/3/13 11:33 am - Sacramento, CA

You know the drill.

Eat right, exercise, journal.

High protein, low carb, high water. 

Gotta realize the change in lifestyle, not a temporary change in diet.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

cajunlady1958
on 2/3/13 3:11 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
I would go back to the basics. Start with your liquid phase and go from there.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Sleeveless
on 2/3/13 5:25 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I'm a newbie, but I'm finding it helps me to use MyFitnessPal.com to plan my meal the day before, then use it to hold me accountable the day of. It makes what to eat a no-brainier.

Perhaps that could give you a psychological nudge too?

Suane
on 2/6/13 3:31 am - Livingston County, MI

Jane, I feel your pain! I'm about 26 months out and have been slacking horribly lately. I've gained about 9 pounds. Instead of meals, I'm grazing and snacking. But we do know the drill about getting all the protein FIRST and water, laying off the carbs (which are my downfall) and get up and move. How should we get motivated? Go try on those fat lady clothes and then a size or two smaller than you are now. Where do you want to be? Where do you want to shop? What makes you feel the best?

I'm back to eating on small plates, chewing a million times, eating slowly and stopping when I'm full. But the greatest help? Getting back on this site and logging my daily food and chatting with others, like yourself. Support is everything, get all you can.

Wishing you good health and great choices.

Always the best wishes, Sue 

HW: 261   SW: 248.5   CW: 154  GW: 135     5' 2"

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views