10.5 month post-op check in

MizzEvil
on 2/4/13 8:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12

Well see if this works......

I've been MIA from this site for several months. Figured I'd come back and update as I loved seeing before/after pics when I was pre-op and newly post-op.

I am currently 10.5 months post-VSG. Started at 350lbs and currently sitting at 205lbs.

There have been stalls. Yes, I've missed being able to consume 2 adult sized plates of food at times - those moments are few and far in between. My day/life no longer revolves around food. I still want to snack out of boredom. But, I'm blessed and I wouldn't change a thing.

I've met some awesome people in the WLS community. My family and friends have been very supportive of me in every single way possible. My mind screws with me, I still see the pre-op person I was. I never thought I'd see the day that people didn't see me as the super morbidly obese person. I'm very open about my surgery and people are amazed 'n tell me they couldn't image as being +300lbs. When seeing a pic of my before - they said they would never recognize me.

I went out this weekend dancing with some girls from my WLS support group at a gay bar and some guy tried to pick me up on the dance floor several times. But, me still in my 300+lb mind stopped him each time. Waking up and not feeling like I had just hiked the Grand Canyon was an awesome feeling. Walking up the stairs and not being winded. Being able to cross my legs, not having to find short cuts everywhere, not stalking people for closer parking spots, being able to walk into a store and pass people in the aisle without pushing them into the next rack...... it's the small things that make you excited. It's like Christmas each time these things happen.

For those pre-op --- it's an awesome ride and so worth it. Like most people say, the only regret I have is not doing it sooner. It flies by so fast (I never believed that when I was newly post-op). Take lots of before pics from diff angles, make side by sides as you go along (those are the only thing that helped me see the change), take your measurements (I didn't and regret this) and last but not least - follow your doc's recommendations. If you don't agree with their post-op plan, they are not the surgeon for you.

For those who were around before me ---  thank you for sharing and being an inspiration.

jenlaur1
on 2/4/13 9:24 am - Westborough, MA
VSG on 08/19/13

You look fabulous and are such an inspiration to a pre sleever like myself.  Don't be such a stranger though...I'm sure I speak for others that we need you to continue to be an inspiration. :)

Highest Wt: 264, band May '05, pre sleeve wt 235, current 189, personal goal 140

MizzEvil
on 2/4/13 10:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Thanks, Jenlaur1! I will definitely try to come around more frequently. I think it's good to keep in this community to keep me aware because my biggest fear is going back to my old self. I buried my was in the sand too long, that's how I got where I was.
Good luck on your journey!

Jls8877
on 2/4/13 9:24 am
Gorgeous girl! Awesome!!!
MizzEvil
on 2/4/13 10:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Thanks, Jls8877!!

Lathom326
on 2/4/13 9:25 am
I'm just starting on this journey and I hope I look as good as do at this stage. You look awesome
MizzEvil
on 2/4/13 10:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Lathom326, you will... I promise!!!

frisco
on 2/4/13 10:18 am

Nice !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

MizzEvil
on 2/4/13 10:46 pm - Phoenix, AZ
VSG on 03/16/12
Thanks, Frisco!

Shanda J.
on 2/4/13 11:05 am - IL
VSG on 02/11/13

Thanks for the post & congrats. on your weight loss!!!

Most Active