My weight loss success doesn't have an asterick.

VerucaSallt
on 2/6/13 9:51 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

It's been 4 months now and I'm starting to hear more and more little digs.  Of course people don't see it that way, but if they only knew how hard I've worked to lose this weight they'd understand why it's really bothersome.

When I was at church over the weekend this conversation happened.  "You look great! You must've lost a lot of weight!"  me: "yep, 85 lbs!"  "how did you do it?!" me: "I had weight loss surgery and I am on a strict diet/exercise regimen"   "Oh, so you cheated."

Good thing I was in a house of God.  No, I did not cheat!  Are people so obtuse they can't understand that this would be hurtful?! 

Ok, rant over.

MaryContrary80
on 2/6/13 9:56 pm
VSG on 09/04/12

Ugh. That makes me so angry! I could go on about this for an hour but I won't. Anyway, congrats on your success and all of your hard work!!! 

VerucaSallt
on 2/6/13 9:57 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Yea... I cut myself off... that was one of the worst.  And thank you :D

maggienoella
on 2/6/13 9:59 pm
Congrats!
I would have to say that those rude people should go to church more often, they certainly need it. (Not to be judgmental of course.) lol
VerucaSallt
on 2/6/13 10:10 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Right?!

71dart
on 2/6/13 10:01 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Reply: "Does that sound like something Jesus would say?"

VerucaSallt
on 2/6/13 10:10 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

My (unintentional) utter look of disgust was enough for her to get the message.  I'm not often rendered speechless, but I was at that moment.

71dart
on 2/6/13 10:19 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
I wish I had your restraint. I would have made a biting remark about surgery helping me control appetite, but there is no surgery to control the tongue because it is restless, and full of poison. The same organ that is used to praise God one moment is used to curse those who are made in God's image the next.

Would have been a good Hellfire and Brimstone Baptist Preacher.

maggienoella
on 2/6/13 10:23 pm
Yes you would have. Loved your post.
VerucaSallt
on 2/6/13 10:38 pm - NJ
VSG on 10/11/12 with

Right on!

Most Active