Over it!!!!

Lindsey72386
on 2/11/13 10:50 pm - IN

I had surgery on 1/29 got to go home on 1/31. Everything was goin great! I was able to drink protein (just a little bit) eat soup drink water with no problems! On 2/7 I went to the doctors to get my drainage tube out of my stomach. I forgot on 2/5 I ate soup sooooo fast I got super sick! I had diarrhea and was dry heaving so then I went 2 days without eating bc I was scared!! Now NO MATTER what I eat 15 min after eating I'm having horrible stomach pains and diarrhea!! I'm TERRIFIED to eat!! My doctor said to try baby food and Imodium.....did that last night and again sick horrible pains and.................this is TMI FYI........I'm having some bloody bowel movements which I had those befor surgery but I don't want to take any chances since I just had surgery!!! 

Im sooooo tired and blah feeling! I'm supposed to be back to work but I don't have the energy! The only thing my stomach can handle is water and Gatorade! I can't even handle protein! Thee only calories I'm getting is from my Gatorade! Since 1/15 when I started my pre op I've lost 35lbs and I should be excited right......but I'm not bc of how I feel!!! 

Has anyone gone thru this?!?!? I called th doctor again and he's oin surgery so I'm just waitin for a phone call back!

sorry for ranting!

mary d
on 2/11/13 10:54 pm

Good that you called the surgeon and sorry that you are going through this.  I hope he calls back soon because none of this sounds like a normal recovery.

Good luck and I hope you get this taken care of right away.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

Keith L.
on 2/11/13 11:51 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Stop eating. I was on liquids for 3 weeks after my surgery. 1 week of clear liquids and two weeks of full liquids. Stick with that, then go to puree'd foods for two weeks, then start eating.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

pineview01
on 2/12/13 12:20 am - Davison, MI

Go back on clear liquids until you hear from doctor.  What did the say about the blood prior to surgery.  Is it bright red?  If so it may just be a fissure and straining from diarrhea and constipation can cause it to open and bleed on the stool and not in it.  If not make sure the doctor knows about it and the color.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Lindsey72386
on 2/12/13 12:39 am - IN

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis so that's what causes it I guess. I'm basically on clear liquids bc I all I have is Gatorade and water! It's soooo frustrating! I'm thinking about tryin jello???

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views