6 months...where has time gone???

carebear32958
on 2/18/13 3:31 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

6 months, wow, it just seems like yesterday that I was thinking "Man, I'll never get approved for this surgery on the first shot!"  Well I did, I had it and the rest is history.  I have lost 87 lbs since starting pre-op diet, 73 since the surgery.  I have had pretty much no significant side effects, I am able to tolerate most everything.  I don't miss junk food or carbs like I thought I would, my new shopping addiction in the juniors dept has replaced that.  :)  My only complaint?!?  I'm pretty sure I am literally the only woman to get wls and manage to get even bigger boobs! :(  I've lost 9" in my bra band but unfortunately the volume in my actual bust increased slightly. LOL..oh well, can't win em all right?  I'm gonna blame genetics on that one! No pictures to post at this time, its still hard to get people to understand that "YES!!! I really do want my pic taken" after 10+ yrs of yelling at them to stop taking pics of me.  LOL, but I've gone from a size 20/XXL to a size 10/medium. I am so thankful to all the supporters on here who listened to me whine, gave me encouragement and a swift kick when needed.  If you are on the fence about having the surgery, take it from me, its a life saver! You have nothing to lose but pounds! :D

Kari

Llcoolday
on 2/18/13 3:45 pm - CA
VSG on 01/14/13

Congrats on your progress! That's great! I am only 6 weeks out from the pre-op diet and have lost 42 lbs. and I completely agree with you. Anyone  on the fence about wls should just do it! It truly is a life saver and I feel better every day. It is all so worth it. I can't wait to see where I will be in 6 months.

Keep up the good work!

Jackie T.
on 2/18/13 9:59 pm - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Congratulations!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Chamberswife
on 2/18/13 11:39 pm

Congrats! I am also 6 months as of 2/6/13 and agree it has flown by!!!!!!

Marena G.
on 2/19/13 1:18 am - LA
VSG on 07/16/12

Congrats!!!! You are doing awesome!!!

SweetJanee
on 2/19/13 2:07 am
VSG on 03/26/13
Happy for u! It was about 6 months ago I joined this site n started my vsg journey (zscheduled sleeve 3-26-13) I remember reading the stories :) n couldn't wait to see updates like yours :) woo hoo "time flies when your having fun " 2 freakin happy for u

carebear32958
on 2/19/13 2:34 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thanks everyone! I feel fantastic, my confidence is thru the roof now a days and my health is better than its been in almost 20 yrs.  I wish all of you the best in your journey and never fear, when it seems like its all been for nothing (those pesky stalls) things work out, just stay the course, follow your surgeons directions and you will get there! Its encouragement from all of my friends here at OH that keep me motivated to keep inspiring the newbies! :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views