3 Weeks Out - Still can't get all liquid and protein in

MomofMarch
on 2/19/13 6:08 am - GA

Being 10 weeks out, I do still have a hard time with fluids. I've learned little tips as I've been able to tolerate more foods. I'm waiting on my Pure Protein shakes to come in from Amazon. (I ordered chocolate and banana cream. They're AWESOME tasting, at least to me. Doesn't leave me with a funky aftertaste or that chalky feeling.)

Definitely use eggs and cheese to your advantage! I also do a protein "shot" from Walmart in the morning. I get the ones that have 42 g in it. I also eat 2 oz of turkey jerky or beef jerky (depending on what my store has at the time). That's close to another 30 g of protein. During meals, I make sure to eat lean beef or chicken breasts.

Track on Myfitnesspal. It REALLY helps to keep you accountable! As far as the fluids, if you aren't in the "waiting period" before or after meals, sip sip sip! That's the only way I can get about 50 oz in. It DOES get easier to drink and eat as you go.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

Angie_lbc
on 2/19/13 6:55 am - CA
VSG on 03/05/13 with

I LOVE THIS SITE ALL MY QUESTIONS ARE ALWAYS ANSWERED BEFORE I CAN EVEN ASK THEM.. THANK YOU... MY SURGERY IS SET FOR MARCH 5... AND I HAVE BEEN WORRIED ABOUT HOW I WILL GET MY PROTEIN ND WATER DOWN.. THIS IS THE THING .. I DO NOT EAT CHEESE OR EGGS OR DRINK MILK.. OF ANY KIND.. I HOPE MY TASTE BUDS CHANGE AFTER IM SLEEVED SO I WILL HAVE THE TASTE FOR DIARY.. ALL ADVICE IS WELCOMED

lane2099
on 2/19/13 11:22 am
VSG on 01/24/13

4 weeks out and still struggling. It is definitely easier now that I can have food, but managing the 30/90 food & beverage separation is a full time job! My surgeon and nutritionist both said it will get easier each day and that has been true. I found boiled egg whites to be a lifesaver when i first started eating because I am very picky and I despise cold food (that is suppose to be hot). The Unjury products have helped a great deal! The unflavored & chicken noodle soup flavors especially. 

Most Active