Scared me for sure!!! Feedback please

hope2013
on 2/24/13 12:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
Last night while all ready sleeping...I developed this horrible pain on my right side underneath my breast bone & around rib cage...it was painful. I started walking cause I was sure it was gas but found it odd bc I'm 24 days post-op & hadn't experience gas issues early on...but than...I started to feel lightheaded, nauseated & started throwing up!!! I called the emergency number to my surgeon & thankfully he was on call. He said, if the vomiting continued to go to the ER. However, it stopped & I no longer have that pain.

I'm still worried.. Has anyone experience this before?!
ArmyWife29
on 2/24/13 12:21 am - GA

Do you still have your gallbladder?

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

hope2013
on 2/24/13 12:23 am - Philadelphia, PA
No..my gallbladder removed, hiatal hernia was repaired along with my vsg all at the same time 24 days ago...I'm freakin out.
Jackie T.
on 2/24/13 12:32 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Make sure you stay in contact with your doctors!

Do you still have your gallbladder?  That is on your right side.  I have had mine removed and my pain was in my lower back but everyone is different.

I had something similar happen and it was a kidney stone.  I had a very sharp pain and then it subsided but then the next day there was blood in my urine (brown).  At the time I did not know what was going on.  They finally took it out 6 weeks later in an emergency surgery. 

Make sure through all of these until you figure out what is going on, to drink lots and lots of water.  I hope it is nothing serious for your.  Good Luck!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

hope2013
on 2/24/13 12:36 am - Philadelphia, PA
My gall bladder has been removed. I'm worried sick. No pain this far today just really gassy! Tmi I know.
But the vomiting scared me.
ArmyWife29
on 2/24/13 12:38 am - GA

Are you constipated?

Ht 5'4HW 232  GW 138

hope2013
on 2/24/13 12:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
No...no constipation. Should I drink mom? I thought of that but constipation makes you throw up?! This is nerve wrecking. I keep thinking LEAK! Thank you for helping.
Jackie T.
on 2/24/13 12:51 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I am in no way saying that this is a kidney stone but it was what I had and if you are not drinking enough water and taking your calcium, it could be the same.

My pain with the kidney stone was unbearable when it shifted and I was lightheaded and nauseated.  They took a urine sample which was all blood (tmi) and did a scan.  Here it is hard to get into a uroligist so I would contact your PCP on Monday so they can check you out.  You may not feel anything else for a while which would be good but if it comes back don't wait.  They put me on a medication that makes the tubes bigger so that it can flush out, don't remember the name.  I ended up in the emergency room one night and all they do is give you more pain medication and send you home.  When I finally got to go to the urologist he sent me directly to the hospital and came over and took it out.  I had a stent for a couple of weeks which I hated as it was uncomfortable but haven't had any problems since.  I am concerned though that I am not getting enough water so I hope I don't get another one.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

busboss1
on 2/24/13 2:36 am
VSG on 12/18/12

Did you eat or drink before bed? I threw up one time a while after I ate. Whatever it was did not agree with me at all. Just a thought.

Starting weight-244.4   Currently-145.2   Surgeon goal-150   My own goal-140        

hope2013
on 2/24/13 10:09 am - Philadelphia, PA
Yes...I had a pop & fudgesicle...that did it for sure. Thanks for your help.
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views