One more bump in my post op road

grannymedic1
on 2/21/13 9:54 am, edited 2/21/13 10:58 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I saw my surgeon yesterday for my 6 month check up and brought some issues to him. I honestly didn't know they were not normal issues. I had been blaming myself for not being careful enough.So the issues was that I still cannot get enough solid food it and keep it down to even meet my minimum protein requirements let alone to have over the minimum. I have to do a lot of shakes to make it. What is happening is that very frequently even with careful eating anything solid gives me a "stuck" feeling and I am in such pain I have to make it come back up for any relief. Papaya enzymes don't work in that case but will help if it is a minor "stuck'. I held myself responsible since I never had a sleeve before and it must require me to be even more diligent than when I had my band but yet knew that I was trying hard to eat correctly but solid foods just give me fits.

To keep this from becoming a novel I will tell you that my surgeon said it absolutely not normal and scheduled me for an endoscopy next week and if needed another one shortly after that to keep the scar tissue at the correct size. If there is anything else going on he will check it out then.

I really cannot afford more insurance co-pays and deductibles after the giant bills I still owe from my revision. However, we agree that it is a health issue and must be settled right away. Sigh.

I want to tell newbie that this stuff happens only rarely but I am just a "lucky" one with the troublesome post op period so don't let me alarm you. Have your surgery anyway. You will love it and will get through the first 6 months easily. I just needed to vent a little.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

MomofMarch
on 2/21/13 10:08 am - GA

Ouch! I'm sorry to hear about that. Just know that if there is something there, like an ulcer, they can fix it. You're right, your health is very important and it needs to be handled. I hope you are feeling normal again soon!

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

grannymedic1
on 2/21/13 10:57 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Right now they are figuring that the scar tissue has healed in a way that makes the sleeve too tight and will stretch it out back to the desired size. They will also check for a reason for my constant belching because I can belch over water! My hubbie calls me his "delicate flower".

slimpickins5280
on 2/21/13 10:57 am - CO

You are so wonderful to stay this forum AND the Band forum. You are so supportive on both.

Best wishes and I hope it's all fixed quickly.

Let us all know how it goes.

*hugs*

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

grannymedic1
on 2/21/13 11:01 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Gee thanks! I was given so much support before and after both surgeries that I try to pass in on.

maggienoella
on 2/21/13 2:43 pm
Oh I'm sorry you're going through this. It's too bad you didn't know before that this wasn't normal. You will love your sleeve even more once this adjustment is made. Good luck!
Sleeveless
on 2/21/13 4:34 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

I'm so sorry! Sounds very uncomfortable. I'm sending you best wishes for safe and satisfactory resolution.

Nancybefree
on 2/21/13 8:18 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this.  Hope it is resolved soon!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

(deactivated member)
on 2/23/13 9:26 am

I'm so sorry to hear this!  I hope all goes well at your endoscopy! Keep us posted.

Medic795
on 2/26/13 5:53 am - Elizabethtown, KY
VSG on 03/13/13

Hope your EDI finds the issue and maybe it can be corrected at that time, you will be in my prayers.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views