Alcohol??

Lindsey72386
on 2/22/13 8:59 am - IN

I'm just curious when or if anyone had their first drink? I'm almost a month out and goin to Atlantis in may and yes would like to drink......just Adrink bc I will be with my grandmother (she is taking me)

thanks for the feedback!!!

Robber
on 2/22/13 9:17 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 02/12/13

My surgeon's official stance is "at least 6 to 8 weeks" with the  understanding that it's still a lot of calories after that and will slow yor loss if not in moderation.

HW: 560 First Surgeon's Consult: 540 Weight at Surgery: 495

rhearob
on 2/22/13 9:28 am - TN
A month out - stay away from it.

Your stomach is still healing. That scar line won't be fully formed until at least three months out.

Alcohol = empty calories. You don't need to be drinking what you should be eating and getting protein from.

If grandma drives you to drink, find a better way of dealing with that.

VSG: 11/2/2011; LBL+Thigh Lift+BL: 10/3/2012; Brach+Mastopexy:  7/22/2013

Lindsey72386
on 2/22/13 9:40 am - IN

Trust me my Grandma doesn't drive me to drink!!! It'll be 4-5 months out when we go but thanks for the feedback tho!!!

acbbrown
on 2/22/13 9:31 am - Granada Hills, CA

I hope - before you act - you stop and think about what you just did to your stomach? You had a surgeon cut it up, staple it, sew it - MAJOR TRAUMA. Your stomach is no where near healed - the last thing it needs is harsh alcohol. 

Not to mention the fact that your kidneys/livers are extremely overloaded with the whole weight loss process....alcohol really puts a strain on them. 

My advice - do what you want - but at least stop and really think hard about it.  

I waited 9 months or so and boy did that alcohol burn me from the inside out. Still does but it's a little better. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

JAlston
on 2/22/13 10:33 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I was going to ask my surgeon about this as well. I am not a drinker by any means but I would like to know what she thinks about it if I ever decide I would like to. Also, diet lemonade from Chick fil A used to be my favorite, I am 11 weeks post op and I had one and it burned like hell, after that I would be scared to drink alcohol but again...I would like to know so that I am armed with the knowledge should I want a drink!

Have fun in Atlantis!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

daniparis
on 2/22/13 10:33 am - Richardson, TX

I hate to go against everyone..But my Dr let me after 1 1/2 months...but so far I only sip wine..it takes about 1 hr to finish 1/2 a glass.

I do have to watch my calories...but so far I have had not issues...

SuzyNZ
on 2/22/13 12:09 pm
VSG on 09/17/12
My NUT gave me the ok at my three month checkup. So far, I have had one sip of my brothers beer on Christmas Day.

Its been so long, I dont miss it and Im so close to my goal now, I just don't see the point. I don't need a drink to have fun at an event, so haven't bothered.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Keith L.
on 2/22/13 1:02 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I had my first drink at about 4 weeks post op. I was on a cruise. It burned a little bit and really didn't do anything for me. I am now 5 months post op and I haven't had a drink since then and while there are times I would like to, I am not ready to open that door. It is just not worth the extra calories.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

HilaryH8103
on 2/22/13 3:14 pm - WA
Agreed!!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views