Missing fruit and veggies

sarapilar
on 2/27/13 2:09 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I don't see it.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

hollykim
on 2/27/13 2:29 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

about 3-4 post from the top,reply to knitsbymama. check from thew beginning of the thread. i can see it there.

shrinking_sarah
on 2/27/13 12:47 am - CA

Look at some of Elina's soup recipes (in her blog).  Veggies cooked in broth and blended with an immersion blender can be your friend, and once you are cleared for chicken you can throw in some shredded chicken.  It's really versatile--you can season it with whatever you like.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

sarapilar
on 2/27/13 2:10 am
VSG on 02/21/13

Blueberries are an awesome low carb fruit and have great antioxidant properties.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

seaco11
on 2/27/13 8:13 am - MA
VSG on 11/13/12

Thanks for great replies/discussion and some awesome suggestons that I will try.  To be a little more clear if I was misunderstood- I do incorporate daily veggies and occasional fruit, I guess a better way I could have phrased my post is that I would rather have/I miss some meals without any meat or dairy, or reverse the ratio of (meat:veggies).  I know at this point it is not optimum to reduce protien significantly and increase carbs, but, I miss the "fresh" foods.  I do love meat, and treat myself well quality wise...still, I long for some full meals (even if my meals only ounces!) of bright fresh food!

For now, it will stay protein 1st and then a bit of cauli here, a bit of broccoli there, and an occasional few berries, 1/4 apple or thin melon slice!  

Ellyn

Ellyn 

AnnieinIA
on 2/27/13 7:53 pm
I am totally there with you. I eat what I am supposed to eat. I get my protein in and eat as many veggies as there is room for. But I miss the days when I lived on the beautiful colors and textures of the plant world.
Most Active