Baby Food during pureed period

Julie J.
on 2/26/13 4:04 pm - NV

I was wondering if when it is time post-op VSG to have pureed food, is it ok to do baby food? I have some severe chronic pain issues and cannot spend copious amounts of time in the kitchen. I am thinking of getting sugar-free organic baby food. Thank you in advance for any help someone can give me.

Keith L.
on 2/26/13 4:06 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Sure but wouldn't yo prefer adult flavors? How about buying fresh soups, stews, and chili and running it through your blender. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Julie J.
on 2/26/13 4:17 pm - NV

I am not saying that I would eat baby food forever, just the first week of pureed food. I just want to know if it is an option. Of course I would prefer fresh organic produce to canned, just wanted to know what my options were.

Julie J.
on 2/26/13 4:18 pm - NV

Oopsie, I left something out....Keith, where did you get that weight loss ticker thing on the bottom of your post please?

susanhazel13
on 2/26/13 8:14 pm - ME

My doc  lists baby food as an option during the purée/Muskie stage.

MuttLover
on 2/26/13 8:47 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Babyfood is an option -- but if you feel up to it, running food you like through the blender will be more palatable!  Even if you take preprepared soups (or canned soups) and pulse them a few seconds, I think you'll end up with something you like better than baby food.

Or get the soups that come in the shelf ready cartons, pour a little into a bowl, nuke it, then add some unflavored protein powder.  While some people can "eat anything" for a week, I really wanted to eat food that I enjoyed.  I was traveling a lot during my first week out of the hospital, and found that this soups were easy to order in restaurants and were easy to buy.  A little on the carby side, but for that week, you are eating so little, I didn't worry about it.

Best of luck!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Cheryl M.
on 2/26/13 9:52 pm

I am in the puree stage now and my doctor has baby food (no sugar added) on the approved list, with the exception of meats.  He wants me not having any meat in any form right now.

You can set up your own tickers in your account under "health tracker"

Most Active