Here fishy fishy fishy!

Christa :]
on 3/5/13 4:08 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12

Those of you who eat fish, how do you like to cook yours? I need some ideas please. Oh and I am not a salmon fan. Wish I were though. 

Dstc_99
on 3/5/13 4:25 am - WA
VSG on 08/13/12

http://www.food.com/recipe/so-much-more-than-garlic-butter-g rilled-shrimp-305694

I dont use the butter I just use the other ingredients and this is fabulous

Tilapia with lemon pepper seasoning, olive oil, and a squeeze of lemon juice. Bake at 350 to 10 to 15 minutes depending on thickness.

71dart
on 3/5/13 4:26 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
Wrap a filet in foil with whatever seasoning you want (basil, lemon pepper, garlic, chopped onion, you name it) and bake for about 25 min at 350 degrees depending on filet size.

Easy

Deckeriv
on 3/5/13 4:36 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I use a ceramic skillet (clean up is a snap) and set the heat on medium with a little olive oil and let the skillet heat up. I cook my fish about 3 minutes a side and sprinkle a little blackening seasoning for flavor. I put it on the plate to rest a few minutes and pour a little lemon juice on it and eat. I do love salmon so I eat that mostly but I cook tilapia and mahi mahi the same way.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Jackie T.
on 3/5/13 4:37 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

I am not a fish fan but I love to bake talipia in the oven.  I put montreal steak seasoning on it.

I also by blackened salmon at Sam's club and it is yummy!

Shrimp is another good seafood and I just eat as a shrimp ****tail.

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

on 3/5/13 4:41 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12

Oh I love shrimp! I had some last night!

on 3/5/13 4:41 am - MI
VSG on 03/13/12

These all sound great! I just bought some Swai and Cod fillets. Tonight I am having some Swai with cajun seasoning. I will try all of these different ways. Just didn't want it to get boring as I am on a fish kick currently. 

Jls8877
on 3/5/13 4:43 am
I foil line a cookie sheet, spray with nonstick olive oil Pam, spice with creole seasoning and a bit of lemon juice. I eat left overs cold over a small bed I lettuce and a dab of remoulade sauce.
Enjoy!
Kelly-AnneH
on 3/5/13 8:32 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Lightly butter some foil, lay fish on and sprinkle heavily with preferred seasonings. (We use Clubhouse Greek a lot) fold foil to seal in fish and bake for 30-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. Moist, flavourful fish with no fishy smell through the house.

I also buy the various Pan Seared fish selections from...Blue Water? We cook them either wrapped in foil and baked or in our George Foreman Roaster. (Which is no longer made. Bah...)

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

swampbaby
on 3/5/13 9:25 am
VSG on 02/20/13

I didn't like salmon the first time I had it either.  I decided to try it again because of the health benefits.  I sprinkle mine with a little cajun seasoning (Tony Chachere's or Slap Ya Mama) and just bake it for about 20-25 min.  Yum.  Been doing it this way for about 5 years.  It has become one of my favorites, as well as my husband's and kids'.  I never order salmon at a restaurant because they usually use a citrus seasoning blend and I don't care for that.  Ruth's Chris does an awesome grilled salmon. Ok making myself hungry.

Most Active