I need advice on vitamins please

arob843_
on 3/6/13 8:46 am
VSG on 11/19/12
I am 3.5 months out and take bariatric fusion vites 3x a day just like it says but I have been feeling really run down lately and wondering if I should switch, I don't get bloodwork done till 6 months is what the surgeon said so not sure if my levels are low or what, can anyone suggest the vites they use and if they seem to work well, I still do 2 protein shakes a day, walk on both breaks, work 14 hrs a day Mon thru Fri, and do zumba 3 nights a week so in general my life is busy but I just wanna feel energized for it, thanks!
MuttLover
on 3/6/13 9:15 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Are you taking an additional b-12?  That's part of my surgeon's plan, and not having enough B-12 can make you tired and fuzzy (thinking, not actually hairy!).

Also, low iron can make you feel run down.  I take iron carbonyl because the other iron makes me queasy.  You can get it from vitalady or amazon.com.  If you have low iron, you also can bruise easily.  I only take them a couple of days a week (I'm post-menopausal), but if you still have periods, it's not incommon for women to have low iron.

My regular vitamin is Trader Joe's chewable multi, plus calcium citrate. 

Maybe call the surgeon and tell him that you are feeling run down, and ask if they can do some bloodwork now.

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

acbbrown
on 3/6/13 11:17 am - Granada Hills, CA

I dont think your issue is likely going to be connected to vites....youve got a crazy life!!  Reduced calores and long days...you are going to be tired !!  

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

lesamarie624
on 3/6/13 11:32 am
VSG on 02/04/13

I take two flintstones a day and a B-12. I have not felt bad but I also don't feel like it is the vitamins. Just my opinion.

arob843_
on 3/6/13 11:45 am
VSG on 11/19/12
Thanks ladies, yep gotta crazy life but putting my baby thru college so its not gonna slow down no time soon, just hoping to keep up : )
MuttLover
on 3/6/13 12:01 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Also you didn't mention how many calories a day you take in.  My doc indicated to eat on the low side of the range (600) when I'm not working out and on the higher side (800) when I am.  But I sometimes work long days and workout -- and even on days when I don't work out, I find that I have to eat 700 calories or I just have no energy. 

So if I'm at work by 6 am, and don't leave until 4 or so, then go to the gym for an hour - or sometimes a do double workout, if I've slacked on other days -- then I'm just worn out.  So I'm trying to find the right balance to make sure I have enough energy to do my workout, and then go home and finish whatever else needs to be done (besides collapsing in a heap in the recliner and mindlessly watching TV!).

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

sarapilar
on 3/6/13 12:17 pm
VSG on 02/21/13

I'm guessing - but when was your last Vit .B-12?  Shot or sublingual?  If you don't have that you could really feel run down. Something to consider.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

MacMadame
on 3/6/13 12:27 pm - Northern, CA

The last time I checked the label on Bariatric Fusion, I was underwhelmed. They aren't bad, but they aren't as good as Centrum or Bariatric Advantage or Celebrate either.

Fatigue can be a lot of things including:

Low iron

Low Vitamin D

Low B12

So, sounds like it's time to talk to your program. They may want to do your labwork early or they may have other suggestions for your.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active