A challenge

Lynnegetsbrave
on 3/11/13 4:07 pm

Well I have been off the radar for a week.  Did you just ever have one of those weeks where anything that could go wrong does and even things you don't think about create chaos.  That explains my last week.  There is a flood of water down at the bottom of the hill that is my front lawn.  Last week the water company came to "fix" (read really screw it up even more) and created a disaster.  Suddenly I had no heat (yep they hit a gas line) and then my internet went out (yep you guessed it took out the buried telephone cables) and we had a hit of cold weather.  I spent the next several days freezing cold in front of a heater in my living room with only my TV (thank God for Direct TV) and cold, shivering feet...lol.  Oh did I mention that my computer that i had had for 26 days puked out on me and Best Buy (don't shop there) wouldn't stand behind it's product.  Oh and one last thing..my son who is in the Navy who I haven't spoken to since he deployed and I couldn't get everything all hooked up again in time (you know these big companies work at their own speed) so I didn't get to Skype with him while he was in port.    However, I survived it without turning to food in my frustration (yay me)

So what is the challenge...relax I am not going to run a contest on whether you can live through what I did?  Instead today I got a notice on my facebook that Deepak Chopra and Oprah have combined to do a 21 day pursuit of perfect health.  It doesn't say anything about food, but rather works on emotional aspects of your life, relaxation, and gaining a positive spirit.  Each day's event takes about thirty minutes.  It was wonderful.  It helped me clear my mind, focus on my goals for weight loss in terms of achieving better health and simply rejuvenated me.  It's not easy because you have to stay focused on breathing...but don't get frustrated because every day will get easier and if you work at it...in 21 days you will probably be able to relax easily in just a few seconds and we can all use that in our life.

I hope you will join me on the journey and perhaps check in each day about how you are doing.  After my week I need a little relaxation.  By the way everything is back to normal and I still have the water leak...lol!

Sleeveless
on 3/11/13 6:24 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Sorry for the lousy week! But thanks for the tip about the Deepak-Oprah thing. I'm going to check it out!

Julie J.
on 3/11/13 6:44 pm - NV

I hope your streak of icky luck improves quickly. Thank you for posting about the 21 day program.; i just signed up for it.

Most Active