Having a hungry day.. Any tips?

angieg0410
on 3/13/13 3:58 am - OK

I am struggling with hunger today.  I am well hydrated, have gotten about 75g of protein so far (only 1PM) - I should get over 100 for the day.  My carbs have been good (26g so far).  I am at work, so taking a walk is out of the question.

I need tips to get this out of my system.  It isn't *head hunger*..  My stomach is actually growling!  

I have upped my exercise the past 3 days, maybe that is it??  

Whatever it is, it is annoying.  LOL

~Angie~

Starting weight: 267
Goal weight: 140

mimij
on 3/13/13 4:02 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I find this same thing happens to me when I increase my exercise. For some of us, that is true. Bring raw carrots and celery to work and munch on those. Can't do much harm with those. Drink hot herbal tea. I like spiced chai herbal tea by Bigelow. That satisfies me better than anything else. Increase your water and add some Mio to it if you are not opposed to artificial sweetener. I can curb my hunger sometimes if I drink lots of water. And then sometimes not. Sorry about that. We all fight it on some days.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

zra
on 3/13/13 4:23 am
VSG on 02/06/13 with

Try broth. It can be more satisfying than water and might give you a sense of fullness.

HW: 363  SW: 340  

angieg0410
on 3/13/13 4:23 am - OK

Oh good call.  I have some bouillon cubes in my desk.  Thanks!

~Angie~

bigmama3
on 3/13/13 7:18 am

When this happens to me (sometimes it's psychological hunger), I eat dense protein.  I keep dense protein around at all times--this really fills me up and satisfies.  I don't count calories, carbs, etc.--so it's not an issue and hasn't prevented me from losing the weight.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

emelar
on 3/13/13 7:27 am - TX

My first question is always, is it acid?

And yes, sometimes you're really hungry, but we've spent so much of our lives not trusting the eating cues that our body gives us, that we're hesitant about listening to those cues.  Sometimes hunger is hunger and you need to eat.  My personal test - I keep the individual pouches of tuna around.  I like tuna, but I'm not in love with it.  If I'm willing to eat tuna, then I'm really hungry.

angieg0410
on 3/13/13 10:52 am - OK
It very well could be acid. I take a daily PPI and even popped an extra one this afternoon just in case. Who knows. I ended the day within my calorie range, but it was more difficult today.

~Angie~

Most Active