Interesting article on obesity and artificial sweeteners

Sleeveless
on 3/12/13 5:07 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Here's a really interesting article I read on HuffPo:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-mark-hyman/diet-soda-health_b_2698494.html

It might not come as news to many of you, but for me it clarified a lot of things. And also provided more evidence that obesity doesn't occur just because people are lazy and have no willpower. 

mary d
on 3/12/13 9:46 pm

Very good article and true to  my own experience and observations.  I think artificial sweeteners should only be used in very limited quantities if at all.  I long ago realized that I don't like them much so they make me crave the real thing.  Better to have that sweet tooth extracted.  I am not perfect and I enjoy a little bit of a dessert sometimes.  I have always waited until after a meal to eat dessert.  With my sleeve, I find that if I eat solid protein, I can't eat anything else.  Sometimes I try and it makes me sick.

I also hate anything fat free that isn't naturally fat free.  I hardly ever eat any processed food so I don't get too many bad fats.

Lap Band 2006  

VSG 2008

sarapilar
on 3/13/13 5:02 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I agree and so many of our 'diet foods' and protein shakes and Jello are all full of crap.  We need more Stevia!  That is why I am a Bluebonnet or Jay Robs customer for my protein shakes.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Christine M.
on 3/13/13 12:16 am
VSG on 04/10/13

WOW, that was me.  I was so addicted to diet soda that it scares me to think of how it controlled me.  I was good for a minimum of a one liter bottle a day.  Three days after my surgery consult I stopped cold turkey and I don't miss it at all.  Society and advertising has led us to feel guilty in so many ways.  Its really disturbing.

serenity1959
on 3/13/13 9:44 am
VSG on 08/05/13

Thank you so much for posting that article.  It was very interesting and informative.   Now, I have to figure out what I can drink.....

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views