APPROVED!!!

zeke
on 3/15/13 12:27 am - Dunlap, TN

Hello friends!!

It's been almost a year since I was here last.  I sort of drifted away after I was denied insurance coverage around April of last year.  It seemed at the time that even though I met 4 of the 5 criteria for having VSG, that was not quite good enough.  Blue Cross/Blue Shield in their infinite wisdom thought that I had not been fat long enough.  It seems there was a brief period of time after my divorce that my BMI dipped below 35 for a few days and that meant I had only been fat for about 4 1/2 years and not the required 5.  So I had to wait.  My doctor has resubmitted and approval was granted!!!    I have an appointment with Dr. Rutledge on April 1 and the surgery is scheduled for May 6.  I'm excited and scared to death all at the same time.

After being gone so long I have had to brush up on everything.  I would like to hear from all of you about your experiences.  I'm worried about the pain after surgery, how long i'll be off work.  I have a job where I am quite active, climbing ladders, crawling around, turning valves and such so I think I will not be able to go back to work at my normal pace as soon as some people who have a desk job.  How did it go with recovery?   What was your diet like the first few weeks?

Glad to be back.  Please let me hear from you.

Mike

debk21
on 3/15/13 12:48 am - Mansfield, TX

Congratulations Mike!!!!  I'm so sorry about that minute and half that your BMI dipped below the required number but here you are!  First, look at your doctor's recommended diet and follow this.  If you don't get enough information from him, there are plenty of posts on this site that can give you alternatives.  Good luck to you and know that you CAN do this!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views