Nothing appeals to me at the grocery store

Christine Heusinger
on 3/17/13 5:51 am - GA

Hubs and I really don't keep a LOT of food in the fridge so on our way home from Mass today we needed to stop at the grocery store to buy something for our Sunday dinner. We walked up and down the meat aisle twice, up and down the fish aisle, and up and down the frozen food. I am just over 3 months pre-op and nothing at ALL appealed to me. We were actually getting ready to walk OUT of the store without anything for dinner when I walked past the rotisserie chicken and picked one up and then some brussel sprouts.

It's amazing how NONE of the food caught my eye... not like pre-surgery when I would FILL my cart with food.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Mom2Noah
on 3/17/13 10:41 am - Bakersfield, CA
VSG on 07/05/12

Even at 8 months out I still do this every time I'm in the store to do shopping.  I shop on Saturday for the following week.  I usually start planning my meals on the Monday before because I will change my mind so many times through out week but if I go to store without a list or menu I will walk out empty handed cause I get so frustrated cause nothing appeals to me.  Recently I have had to start letting everyone in my house chime in on meals just to get menu made cause I just get so frustrated with it.  Definitely NOT what would happen before surgery!!  

Christine Heusinger
on 3/17/13 11:23 pm - GA

It's easier for me because our kids are grown and it's just hubs and me so I don't have to cook EVER if I don't want to (and I rarely do).

It would be much more difficult for me if I needed to have food in the house for kids to enjoy.

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

simmie78
on 3/17/13 9:14 pm

I have the same "problem"  I end up eating the same thing all the time...chicken (usually roasted) just because it's the easiest.  God there were a few weeks I was so TIRED of chicken!  LOL!  But nothing at the store is appealing anymore...nothing.

Currently 180 - 76 lbs lost! Surgery 11/7/12, 36 years old, 5'8". I live in Hong Kong and it's a bit different here!

Most Active