Hey you, yes you!

Suzanne B.
on 3/27/13 12:06 pm - OR

Hey you!

Why are you still sitting out there “thinking” about having Weight Loss Surgery? I know you are sure you should be able to lose the weight on your own!  Well, if this were really true you would have done it by now.  Some of us have lost it, to only regain it back again, and then we beat ourselves up over doing this.  You have a disease, and it is called fat, fluffy, overweight, and obese. We can call it whatever name we want, but it is a disease.  If you had any other disease you would go to a Doctor immediately.  Well, this is a disease, because we are unable for many reasons to gain control over it.  There is NO shame in having weight loss surgery.  It is NOT the easy way out!  However it is the answer for many people. kiss

You are going to kill yourself faster from using your fork putting this food in your mouth all day long. What are you scared about?  We have an addiction for food, and we use food to self-medicate for 100’s of reasons.  I know I have been where you are right now.  4 ½ years ago I had weight loss surgery, and I lost 105 pounds and I have kept it off.  I urge you to consider taking back your life and putting yourself in control of “YOU” again.  There is nothing that feels as good as being healthy, and to eat well.

Please stop and care for yourself enough to change your life.  I am always out here to answer all your questions and help you with anything you might want to know.  It is OK to ask lots of questions, and you should do that!  I was the lady with at least 1,000 questions.

I love this quotes: “"Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure" Stop and think about this quote for just a few moments. 

macshellabell
on 3/27/13 12:36 pm

Great thread :)  I am still a pre-op and this makes me feel like my decision to have my surgery in April is the right decision :)

bee10312
on 3/27/13 12:44 pm - Panama, Panama

What day in April is your surgery?  Mine is next week on the 5th im anxious really anxious hope i dont get scared the day of!

Suzanne B.
on 3/27/13 1:02 pm - OR
On March 27, 2013 at 7:44 PM Pacific Time, bee10312 wrote:

What day in April is your surgery?  Mine is next week on the 5th im anxious really anxious hope i dont get scared the day of!

Hey,

I am always here for you. Please feel free to send me a message at my private E-mail: [email protected] It is very normal, the closer you get to your surgery to have a bag FULL of feeling and emotions. It make you quite normal, because so many of us had all these. They range from, excited, can't wait, to what in the world am I about to do. You will be happy, and scared, want it to happen right now, not sure what you are doing. They are ALL very normal things to feel. Mostly it is the fear of the unknown.

Hang in there, it will get easier as time goes on. Keep asking questions if you have any. I am here for you.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
buzybee7
on 3/27/13 1:54 pm - Oak Park Heights, MN
VSG on 03/14/13

That is exactly how I felt, which is why I had surgery two weeks ago enlightened  I'm on the losers bench now!!!

~*~Shaunee~*~ 

Height: 5' 7"  Heaviest Weight: 330  Starting Weight: 306  Surgery Weight:  267  Goal Weight:  135

Suzanne B.
on 3/27/13 2:30 pm - OR
On March 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, buzybee7 wrote:

That is exactly how I felt, which is why I had surgery two weeks ago enlightened  I'm on the losers bench now!!!

Hi,

Congratulations to you. I hope that you weight loss journey will be great. I am always here if you have any questions.

Take care,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Gabby46
on 3/27/13 2:02 pm

Thanks for posting this. It's really inspiring. My surgery is on Friday March 29. Nervous but more excited than anything. :-D

Suzanne B.
on 3/27/13 2:33 pm - OR
On March 27, 2013 at 9:02 PM Pacific Time, Gabby46 wrote:

Thanks for posting this. It's really inspiring. My surgery is on Friday March 29. Nervous but more excited than anything. :-D

Hi,

You will be just fine. It is very normal to be scared, and have all kinds of feeling and emotions. This is a BIG step, but the right step. You are going to love your new life. Just remember the 1st month is the hardest month you will ever have to do. It is only 30 days and you can do it. I am always right here if you have any questions that you want to ask.

Hugs,
Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
MarthaMyDear
on 3/28/13 2:02 pm - PA
RNY on 04/09/13
MarthaMyDear
on 3/28/13 2:05 pm - PA
RNY on 04/09/13
I hope your surgery goes smoothy tomorrow, please let us know how you make out. Tomorrow is Good Friday so it will be good
Most Active