4 months post op

wilsont429
on 4/8/13 6:19 am - IN

I'm now 4 months post op! I'm down 55lbs. Just starting losing weight again. I was at the same weight for 5 weeks! ugh! That dreaded stall....however, it is now broke and I'm losing again.

My health since the sleeve has been pretty good. I've been somewhat a roller coaster with the tiredness, energy and yes....my hair is falling out....I'm bumming about that...but I was told it was a possibility and I still rather be thinner if I had to do it over.  

I'm feeling pretty good above all and I can say I am really happy I had the surgery. It's a new life for me, but a very changed one. There is a lot to this for all you that are about to have this surgery. You must get PROTEIN, PROTEIN and more PROTEIN.

I'll update again soon. I love reading everyone's posts. This site is awesome!

Tammy

BREAZA
on 4/8/13 6:41 am
VSG on 04/24/13

CONGRATULATIONS for losing 55 lbs!! Must be awesome to see those numbers go down on your scale. :) I'm dreading that stall and losing hair but know it's all part of the process. Keep up the great work!

HopeFaith
on 4/8/13 7:05 am - TX
VSG on 12/28/12

Great Job on losing 55 lbs, that's a lot of weight.  Stalls can be discouraging but you made it through.  I'm experience stalls that last two to three weeks then BAM I lost 2-3 lbs.  We can do this!

buzybee7
on 4/8/13 9:49 am - Oak Park Heights, MN
VSG on 03/14/13

Congrats!!!

~*~Shaunee~*~ 

Height: 5' 7"  Heaviest Weight: 330  Starting Weight: 306  Surgery Weight:  267  Goal Weight:  135

on 4/8/13 2:02 pm - NE

I'm 4 months out, as well, and have lost 58 lbs.  It's really slow going now.

I don't understand why, but my doctor told me to stop drinking protein shakes and get my protein in from food, but it's nearly impossible!  I find I'm eating too much and too fast, and have some vomiting issues because of it.  I haven't tracked my food in the last month; just thought I needed a break for a while.  I'm ready to start tracking again, though.  I'm anxious to see if I've been keeping up!  I don't think I've been losing any hair yet.

wilsont429
on 4/10/13 3:00 am - IN

Yeah, I've pretty much stopped the protein shakes. Getting my protein in with foods. I'm trying to get alot, due to my hair loss. Hopefully it quits....you know us women....got to have hair! Anyway, congrats to you and your journey. I'm with you on the going slow. Maybe it's better this way for us. :)

Take care and happy losing to us!!!!

Tammy

Most Active