Please help...best protein bar!

hope2013
on 4/8/13 9:13 am - Philadelphia, PA
I continue to get sick off the protein powder, rtd & throwing up!
I'm thinking...a protein bar! I have run out of options. I'm constantly sick. Help!
MomofMarch
on 4/8/13 9:17 am - GA

If you are constantly sick, I think you should call your surgeon! I stay away from the protein bars because most of them are glorified candy bars. They do have quite a bit of carbs. Someone may be able to give you advice on that, but I stay away from them. How far out are you? Are you able to get your protein in via foods at all? I know I can't tolerate the powders too well, but I generally handle the RTDs.

Laura- HW:240  SW: 224  GW:165 Surgery date 12/10/12

Winning the battle against obesity and PCOS!

hope2013
on 4/8/13 10:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
I'll be 10 weeks out Thursday. The surgeon said stop the shakes bc I've tired about 7 different kinds ..with water & almond..the whole nine! But then I posted that feed back here & people went on up roar bc my staff said get the protein from food...which I can meet the requirements eating seafood, Greek yogurt, poultry, eggs & turkey...but then I kept taking the powder bc the OH board made me feel I wasn't getting the right support from my doctor & I'm deadly sick. I was just released from the hospital that's how sick I got!
sleevegirl
on 4/8/13 9:27 am - Austin, TX

You are far enough out now to get your protein from food if you really want. Tuna, chicken...

Protein bars are crap, but when I must, I have a PowerCrunch. They stall me though.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

hope2013
on 4/8/13 10:02 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thanks!
hope2013
on 4/8/13 10:34 am - Philadelphia, PA
I'm about ten weeks...you think ill b fine w just food?
(deactivated member)
on 4/8/13 2:40 pm
VSG on 06/04/12

I do powercrunch too when I'm traveling because it's easier to take and eat on a plane than protein powder.

Jeepgirl1978
on 3/22/16 2:12 pm
VSG on 06/23/14

PowerCrunch Bars are the BEST!!!  So much better than Quest.  You don't feel like you're eating protein.  :)

1HappyCat
on 4/8/13 9:41 am

I understand the constantly sick, I was sick for 5 months.  My Dr. said it was not uncommon during the first few months after surgery (even though my husband had surgery the day before and was NEVER sick).  The protein drink I was finally able to drink is  Cytosport Whey Isolate Protein Drink, they have a tangerine, watermelon and tropical flavor that I enjoy.  Best of luck on your journey and hopefully you will able to find something that works for you.

stephanieplum
on 4/8/13 9:43 am, edited 4/8/13 9:44 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Have you tried soy protein?  I used soy for the first few months and was later able to tolerate whey protein.  If I need a protein bar for on the go...I eat Quest Bars:). What are you mixing your powder with?  Maybe you're lactose intolerant?  Try almond milk.

The best choice is real food:)

Most Active