The benefits

Jasonm11
on 4/10/13 4:25 am

Like the title?  It took like 3 minutes to come up with and has little to do with this post lol....

Ok I will tie it in somehow lol...

So the benefits of my weight loss....increased health....more ability to do things I couldn't....etc....have all been worth it.

There...thats my tie in...

The real reason I wanted to post was to make mention of finally doing my first 5k....even though it was a 5k Mud Run....let me tell you....you ain't lived til you have done one of these things....holy cow it was totally awesome....we have another one scheduled for this Saturday....so much fun....go search and register for one now...seriously...if you are anywhere near Winnie Texas register by tomorrow and you can run it with my wife and me :)

So here are the pics from last week....I ran this one in 45:34....I am hoping to drop that by a bit this weekend....had to stop and catch my breath through some of the deeper mud pits....

Like this one....this was right near the end...i bet I spent 5 minutes trodding through this....had deep holes you'd fall in all the time lol...

Getting ready to slide in for the finish

Getting my medal and trying to keep my shorts up lol

Payback to my wife for rubbing it in that she beat me...she had already gotten cleaned up so I got her good and dirty again :)

While it may look like I crawled over, this was actually done at full sprint as I was trying for all I could to catch up with my wife....it was one big stride lol....

Swimming through the mud and the muck...

So yea....loads of fun....you should totally do one....register now :)

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
BREAZA
on 4/10/13 4:52 am
VSG on 04/24/13

This looks like loads of fun!!! I definitely want to try the Dirty Girl Mud Run I believe is in San Diego, Ca. There are sooo many things I want to do once I lose this weight....can't wait! Great pictures and thanks for sharing!

Marioksig
on 4/11/13 6:05 am - Santa Clara, CA

First thing first - Update that profile pic! Great Job - AEKDB

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

Most Active