NSV's still happening EVEN at GOAL baby! Pics!

newlook2013
on 4/21/13 10:58 pm - GA

YOu are AMAZING! Congtatulations! I hope to look 1/2 as good as you and feel as amazing as you :)

Since I SO wanbt to accomplish my goal  and your post is inspiring, I hope you don't mind my questions:

What is your workout ritual? I am only 1 month post op... still in some pain, but not as bad as the first weeks. I walk 30-40 mins per day if I can

What was your protein/carb/caloric intake?  I eat around 530 calories, and maybe get 50gm protein and under 20 gm carbs

Once you started working out more, did you up your food intake??

I hope you don't mind all these questions....

:)

THANKS!

pinkjellybean
on 4/21/13 11:30 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
On April 22, 2013 at 5:58 AM Pacific Time, newlook2013 wrote:

YOu are AMAZING! Congtatulations! I hope to look 1/2 as good as you and feel as amazing as you :)

Since I SO wanbt to accomplish my goal  and your post is inspiring, I hope you don't mind my questions:

What is your workout ritual? I am only 1 month post op... still in some pain, but not as bad as the first weeks. I walk 30-40 mins per day if I can

What was your protein/carb/caloric intake?  I eat around 530 calories, and maybe get 50gm protein and under 20 gm carbs

Once you started working out more, did you up your food intake??

I hope you don't mind all these questions....

:)

THANKS!

Thanks so much!

I don't really have a workout ritual....I walk a lot....I live in a huge city and a lot of things are in walking distance so I walk whenever I can.  Prior to this race I had not run for 2 weeks and prior to that I had not run for two months because I had a running injury.  In my ideal world I would go for a 5km run 3 days a week and Swim laps 1-2 times per weeks.

Through the weight loss phase I always ate between 600-800 calories, over 80 grams of protein, AND my carbs around or under 20grams but always under 40grams.  I  never added calories based on exercise.  Now that I am in maintenance well..lol it is a work in progress and I am still losing weight - got to figure this out!

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Lisa1023
on 4/21/13 11:06 pm
VSG on 03/05/13

were your legs always on the slimmer side?  I cant believe how great everything has proportionalized (is that a word).  You're amazing!  I have big fat chubby legs and I just imagine they'll be a smaller version of their big fat chubbiness but still anatomically thick!  lol  What a transition Melissa, congratulations!

HW  383     SW  371    CW   234     

pinkjellybean
on 4/21/13 11:31 pm - Canada
VSG on 01/25/12
On April 22, 2013 at 6:06 AM Pacific Time, Lisa1023 wrote:

were your legs always on the slimmer side?  I cant believe how great everything has proportionalized (is that a word).  You're amazing!  I have big fat chubby legs and I just imagine they'll be a smaller version of their big fat chubbiness but still anatomically thick!  lol  What a transition Melissa, congratulations!

Nope I had pretty big legs!  It was the running that made my legs get so much smaller and quite toned....however under those running pants AND what you cant' see is that my inner thighs are a hot mess!  LOL

SURGERY at Toronto Western Hospital - VSG JANUARY 25th, 2012!!

5'9 - HW - 390 SW - 368.8  GW - 150

Kat2013
on 4/22/13 1:32 am - KY

I like what you said: "What you cant see...." I hope to hide a lot myself!! Great Post, your are truly an inspiration, thanks for sharing. WLS this coming Friday!!indecision

ParisGirl
on 4/22/13 1:59 am
VSG on 04/25/13

So awesome.  In awe of your success.  Gives me hope for my journey.  Surgery on Thursday!

Lisawithboys
on 4/22/13 3:02 am

You are a super woman!! I can hardly recognize the person you were before. Truely an inspiration. Thank you for coming back to OH and giving me a boost to keep my eyes on the prize!

sarapilar
on 4/22/13 3:29 am
VSG on 02/21/13

OUTSTANDING!!!!!! For being 5' 9'' 137 lbs is tiny!!!!!!  I am in awe of your accomplishment.angry

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

kimberleyann
on 4/22/13 4:12 am - Kingston, NS, Canada

Congrats that is a fantastic result.  Wow a 10k.  I have restarted my c25k program and am in week 5. I plan a 5k race (my 2nd) in Jun and then a 10K race in August and Early October.  I will keep you in mind as inspiration.

Llcoolday
on 4/22/13 7:48 am - CA
VSG on 01/14/13

WOW!! You look amazing!!! You are my new goal! :)  I am 5'8 and want to get down to 150.  I can only pray that I look as good as you!  Way to go!!

Lisa

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views