So there's that...

nmrudge
on 4/22/13 1:54 am - IL
VSG on 12/10/12

I weighed myself this morning and have lost 104 lbs!  I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to have surgery and know for a fact I couldn't have done this on my own.  The funny thing is...I'm still considered obese!  I'm 5'11" and weigh 221 lbs.  Down from 325 lbs.  My BMI is still over 30.  I'm not going to let this get me down, I just think it's crazy to think about.  Thank you all for making this site so supportive.  I don't post much, but I appreciate all the wisdom I've gained from this site.  Here is to losing 46 more lbs and maintaining a healthy BMI!  

Edit Delete

vogue
on 4/22/13 1:55 am
VSG on 08/30/12

Congrats!!  and yeah, dont let that BMI thing drive you crazy....       it makes sense to no one except the folks who get rich off peddling it... 

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/13 2:02 am

Congrats! YOu've done great so far! Keep it up.

As for the BMI thing.... take it with a grain of salt. at 170 wearing 30 inch waist jeans I am still considered overweight at my height. You'll have to learn what your ideal weight is when you get there.

(deactivated member)
on 4/22/13 2:04 am

Congrats on your awesome weight loss. Don't let the BMI take away from the wonderful results of all your hard work. 

datachick
on 4/22/13 2:05 am - WA
VSG on 10/26/12

Yes I've found that BMI isn't very reliable nor regarded as such any where outside of my surgeon's office. Something you might want to do, that I did, that was difficult but rewarding: get a body fat % test. I found that there's a mobile body fat van that has a water tank in it, it shows up in the parking lots of various gyms around here. It was very fast and that's where I found out that I'm "NORMAL"! Finally!! 24% body fat. I can understand the difficulty in wanting to get something like this measured, but if I'd known about this easy method to get it done a long time ago, I would have done it just to get some kind of beginning number. My trainer calculated my body fat with calipers, which he concedes is not the best method. The water tank method is, now I have some real number to go by. I love it, thought you might too. The guy also did bone density test which I've never had done either, and now I know that my bone density is great as well. Anyhow, it's nice to have the numbers to go by.....

VSG 10/26/12 • HEIGHT 5'4"
GW = 140 lbs met Month 9
CW = 133
lbs
Loss per Month: 8 >  9 > 7 > SURGERY  > 15 > 10 > 10 > 10 > 7 > 5 > 6
  > 6 > 5 > 5 > 0

It works if you work it; it sorta works if you sorta work it; and it doesn't work if you don't work it.

Jls8877
on 4/22/13 2:13 am
Great job!!!!! 104# is amazing!
louisamay
on 4/22/13 3:11 am
VSG on 04/27/12

WOW--YOU ARE DOING A FABULOUS JOB!!!!

Yes, it's true, most if not all of us could not do this on our own, or we would have. But the fact is, we still have to DO it, and you are DOING it.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Miss150
on 4/22/13 3:56 am
So well done! You are doing a great job! Keep it up, and you will be at goal soon. December VSG ROCKS!!!

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views