2 Yr Surgiversary

Sweetitalian1
on 5/1/13 12:25 am - CA

April 27th was my 2 year Surgiversary.

This last weekend I was in Tahoe running through the Tahoe Ridge Hills on the back side of heavenly around 9am when I suddenly remembered that the 27th was my 2 year. I stopped suddenly looked at my watch and a flood of emotions came over me and I started to get teary eyed...ok I cried a little.  But they were tears of joy and pride. Two years ago at the very same time, I was about to start a journey, a new life, a healthier life. Two years ago that day I smoke my last two cigarettes and had a major surgery. And now 2 years later, I am in altitude running my butt off training for Tough Mudder.

Did I just say Tough Mudder....yes I did. I am team captain of "Got Mud?" and we are going to kill July 13th in Tahoe.

I have completed multiple mud runs, hiked to Nevada Falls in Yosemite and 2 half marathons. I run 10-15 miles a week plus weight training.

Working out is great but so is eating right. I still struggle everyday. Today I weighed 142 and I am 5'7". My lowest weight was 135 lbs.  some thought too thin. I prefer to be at 138-140. This fits my build especially with increased muscle mass.

But I do struggle with choices and volume as I am sure that most of us do. I like having goals like Tough Mudder or half marathons to keep me on a training schedule.  I attend wls meetings here and there when I need a reboot.  I have an incredible supportive boyfriend and friends. But ultimately, it comes down to me to make the decision on what to put into my body.

ok, now to the fun part the pics....before and after.

BEFORE

CURRENT

kimberleyann
on 5/1/13 12:37 am - Kingston, NS, Canada

Way to go! you look fantastic.

Hopelove
on 5/1/13 12:39 am - NY
You look great .I had the VGs on April 10,2013
mai7amad
on 5/1/13 12:54 am - United Arab Emirates

you look amazing my 1 yr surgiversary was on the 25th of april :D

Keith L.
on 5/1/13 12:56 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

WOW! How do you deel with your struggle for choices and volume? I have notice that lately, especially when I eat out, i have been going a bite or two beyond where I should. I have been exercising a lot more and I think my body just needs more fuel, but I am trying to get it under control. I want to decide how much to eat, not my subconscious.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

loverofcats
on 5/1/13 1:03 am

Congrats! You look happy and very healthy. Did you have any plastics? Your abs look fantastic !.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

butterfly3851
on 5/1/13 1:23 am - TX

Wow!  Such an inspiration for those of us starting out on this journey!

And can we give a huge round of applause for THOSE ABS!!!   Wow!! 

Chris Waffle
on 5/1/13 1:38 am - Cypress, CA

Still looking HOT as always! Man, you are kicking ass with those marathons and mud runs. I remember seeing you last year at the Camp Pendleton one that almost killed me.  You are an inspiration! (And I don't use that word lightly!)

Join me at #OH2013

HW: 375 SW: 295 CW: 195

I'm in it to win it!

Miss_T_CC95
on 5/1/13 1:51 am - Pasadena, MD
VSG on 03/05/13

Well said! You look AMAZING!!!! I hope in two years to be as fit and in shape. 

Shagdoll
on 5/1/13 1:55 am

You look amazing as always!!!  I am still in awe of your body from when I met you last year.  Thanks for the inspiration, you have every right to feel proud!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 53 views