I am almost 6!!

blessmysunnysoul
on 5/4/13 11:51 am - rio dell, CA

Yep as of July 31st I will be 6 years post op VSG...how has my journey been? lol well its the never ending journey to be honest. I thought oh i will hit a weight goal and be done...nope! Never quite hit my targed of 165...almost but not quite..shy by 11lbs...but I have managed to keep 209lbs off of my body for nearly 6 years...Id say thats success! 

Like many I had no nutritional guidance from my surgeon and nutritionist...how did i manage...this group right here! How do i maintain? well I do so because I stay active in paying it forward and I stick to plan...protein 80g a day and carbs under 40...yep its a lifetime thing for many of us to have to stay on plan unless u become a super athelete after you hit goal :) 

If i can give you one piece of advice....never think that you can eat whatever u want because you only eat small portions...its not true...until u hit goal you have to stick to plan....I stalled for a year with this silly thinking...and the other thing is...stay active in support...it keeps u on the straight and narrow! 

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j74/blessmysunnysoul/Untit led-3.png

All that spirits desire, spirits attain. 

acbbrown
on 5/4/13 11:53 am - Granada Hills, CA

Wow - you have done amazing! This is just what I needed to read today - thank for posting!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

blessmysunnysoul
on 5/4/13 11:58 am - rio dell, CA

You are welcome...i wish i could remember my password for my ticker i would like to update it :)

linzeelee
on 5/4/13 12:08 pm - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13
Wow, congrats to you! You look amazing. It's great to hear from someone 6 years out, and to know you're still rocking your sleeve.
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/13 12:39 pm

You are my new hero!  Thank you for coming back and posting this today. I agree with every single word in your post and am so happy to read about your success. 

kayd51
on 5/4/13 12:44 pm - NY

I am just 5 days post op and this was great to hear!  I'm so excited for you that you have lost so much weight to begin with and that you are still keeping the weight off.  You are truly a success story!  Thanks for sharing and for the advice. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/4/13 2:01 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Good job! I am VERY impressed that you stick to under 40 carbs EVERY DAY! I'm sure that's how you've been so successful. I try to stay low on carbs MOST of the time, but occasionally I do have an off day where I just have a little more than usual. You are AMAZINNNNG! And I try to check in on the forums at least a couple of times a week to keep myself in the groove. I don't always post, but I make sure to read. Congratulations on being a success story!

blessmysunnysoul
on 6/21/13 5:29 pm - rio dell, CA

LIzanne!! 

Hi honeypie!! Can u believe it?? wow time flies when u are kickin ass and having fun!!

I miss u!!

ThinLizzy
on 5/4/13 2:11 pm - Benicia, CA

Hey, Noel! Good to see you here--can you believe it was almost 6 years ago that we had that lunch????? We were, what, 2 months out?

I agree with every single word you wrote!

xoxo

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

frisco
on 5/4/13 2:11 pm

Congrats !!!!

and great post !!!!

There are many here that think they are gonna be able to "eat what you want just in smaller portions" mainly because the Doctors have told them so. Can some do that....yes...... but most can't.

You may have come a few pounds short of goal....... but you win the bigger prize......you kept the weight off !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active