Weight Loss Surgery Cookbooks

serenity1959
on 5/4/13 8:45 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I would love some recommendations on good weight loss surgery cookbooks that you use.   My surgery isn't for three months, but since I am going to have to radically change the way I eat, I would like to get started incorporating some new things now.   My DH HATES change, so doing this slowly will be best!

ParisGirl
on 5/4/13 9:20 am, edited 5/4/13 4:17 pm
VSG on 04/25/13
Check out www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com for WLS surgery friendly recipes.

Awesome idea to get into it early.

SophieNJ
on 5/4/13 9:20 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I'm afraid I haven't found any especially for sleeve....some wonderful people here post their great recipes and ideas, and I copy them onto my own files.  Also, theworldaccordingtoeggface.com has fantastic ideas for 'bites'...little mini quiche like items, so many different combos. 

oh wow, with dh not having the same food strategy, it's going to be a little rough for you, but for now, maybe stick to basic proteins...steamed fish, grilled chicken, egg dishes, etc...

best of luck to you!!

sophie

jiller
on 5/4/13 9:29 am - PA

I really like the cookbook Eating Well after Weight Loss Surgery by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray I can use it for my whole family really great recipes. I first got it at our library and the had to buy it.

Ihearttennis
on 5/4/13 10:13 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

You may want to go on the search tab and look up Elina. She has many sleeve- friendly recipes that look delicious.  Once I get to real food again I  plan on trying them all!

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Tammy S.
on 5/4/13 10:15 am - Chandler, AZ
VSG on 01/14/13

I use online options like:

yourlighterside.com 

skinnytaste.com

atkins.com

5'2, HW 297, SW 274, CW 124, GW 137 (goal reached 2/17/14)  

Hislady
on 5/4/13 10:40 am - Vancouver, WA

I didn't find them very helpful for me, too many fancy frufru recipes for my liking. Meaning too many ingredients and too much work making them. I'd just go with a good dense protein and veggie, you can add a carb for hubby if he wants one. Eggface has the best ones.

serenity1959
on 5/4/13 11:48 am
VSG on 08/05/13

Thanks!   I will check all these out.

11Dayzee
on 5/5/13 1:26 am - Sterling, VA
VSG on 04/11/13

I found and bought one on Amazon called Eating Well After Weight Loss Surgery.  by Patt Levine and Michele Bontempo-Saray.  The recopies are made specifically to be blended into mush for the stage two of the plan.  I can't say that I made any of the recipes, but from reading the book became fearless about cooking things and blending them together.  I plan on using the book when I can start cooking again starting on Thursday.

trenya07
on 5/5/13 12:07 pm - East Coast, NC
My nutritionist recommends weight loss surgery cookbook for dummies
**************75 lbs lost 25 lbs to Goal and One Year Bandversary!!****************
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views