4 weeks out. Hungry. Worried. Am i doing ok?

Jackie P.
on 5/6/13 5:04 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Hello everyone.

Almost 4 weeks out and my first day back at work. I have a desk job. Today I am so hungry!!! Could it be the fact that I'm back at work and using more energy than I have in the past month?

7:10-7:40 - protein shake
10:30 - 1 homemade egg muffin tin quiche
12:30 - 1/2 c turkey chili
3:30 - cheese string and turkey pepperette

All this is 460 cal. I am trying to stay around 600. I think today I will be going over by the time I have dinner and maybe another shake for my protein.

It feels like I shouldn't of wanted to eat that much. It worries me. I find some days I am just hungrier than others. I'm disappointed because I thought VSG was supposed to get rid of hunger! I have looked into whether it is acid or not. Sometimes when I feel I am hungry too soon, I have a gaviscon, and if I'm still hungry after that, I will eat something.

Any advice or anything for peace of mind? Am I doing ok?

Surgery Date: April 10, 2013 • VSG

www.fatfornow.com

ParisGirl
on 5/6/13 5:22 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Are you taking a PPI? Drinking plenty of water?

Jackie P.
on 5/6/13 5:24 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Yes taking a PPI in the morning 1/2 before breakfast. I called my clinic complaining of hunger and of course they didn't think it was acid...

My water is not up there yet. I'm finding it is making me nauseous...

www.fatfornow.com

ParisGirl
on 5/6/13 5:55 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Have you tried different temps of water? For me, room temp is a no-no. Ice cold is best. Some find they need to add a lemon, some Mio (or something like that)... Perhaps decaf tea would work for you? Hot or cold. Maybe mix water with a sugar free/ultra lo-cal juice? 1/2 & 1/2?

Dehydration can mimic hunger pangs. Keep trying different ways until you find what works for you. Hydration is important.

Stacy_312
on 5/7/13 6:09 pm - College Station, TX

That's funny!!  I do better with room temp water and not so good with ice cold.  Although Ice cold tastes better, it seems to hit my stomach kind of hard and kind of make it ache.  I do well with cool decaf ice tea.  sometimes my protein shakes if I drink them too fast while cold will cause an ache but yet at room temp almost makes me nauseous.  Humph!!!!  How picky and different our stomachs all are....amazing.

Jackie P.
on 5/6/13 5:30 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Just ate my afternoon snack and I still feel hungry... I feel it in my chest... I don't think it's head hunger.

www.fatfornow.com

hollykim
on 5/6/13 5:59 am, edited 5/6/13 6:33 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

if you feel it in your chest,that is likely acid. You might need more PPI,another one,or need to add another dose. call your surgeon and INSIST on a change.

Also,dehydration can cause hunger. Try really hard to up those fluids. if water is making you nauseated,try adding some lemon or flavor drops to it. Many VSG'ers can't tolerate plain water post op.

The more carby things you eat,beans in chili the more hungry you will be. how many carbs does your protein shake have? Mixing with milk? lots of sugar carbs in milk...try unsweetened vanilla almond for the same creamy texture but less carbs.

GL

Jackie P.
on 5/6/13 6:16 am, edited 5/6/13 6:16 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

What is a DSW? I feel it right between my breasts. it's like a nagging ache that feels like I am hungry...

www.fatfornow.com

hollykim
on 5/6/13 6:36 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

sorry,lol misspell. just corrected it. should have read "dose" as in a second dose a day. and feeling this between your breasts...do you still have your gallbladder? this is classic gallbladder pain.

Jackie P.
on 5/6/13 6:39 am - Hamilton, Canada
VSG on 04/10/13

Oh dose! Ok... yes I still have my gallbladder.... Maybe just below my breasts.. kinda like right below my breastbone, or right where the bottom of my bra hits...

Would that mean i need my gallbladder out or something?

www.fatfornow.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views